Look or SPD pedals?

Old July 24th 05, 03:53 AM
Mark H.

Default was: Look or SPD pedals? - so, which SPDs?

Others have mentioned the recessed benefits of SPD.

I went from Pearl Izumi road shoes, that only came in whole sizes to
Sidi Genius 4s which come in half sizes, also in narrow and wide. The
Sidis are really comfortable, but not cheap.
Consider joining Team Performance and also look for one of their 20%
off online coupons. I got mine marked down from $229 to $170 -20% -
10%[towards future purchase] = appr $122
Life is Good!
Jeff

So, I've a pair of Wellgos, which I assume are the genesis of the Nashbar
brand, etc. They've been fine, but I've been itching, for whatever reason,
to try out some new pedals.

Team Performance is running specials on some Crank Bros. SPDs, the
"original" and "candy" models. What would be the difference in feel between
them? How would one choose one over the other? How about Speedplay SPDs?
Any testimonials?

And, unless it's a secret that I have to research myself, how does one find
a 20% online coupon for Performance? That'd be great!

T.I.A.,
Mark

Old July 24th 05, 06:09 AM

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 02:53:38 GMT, "Mark H."
wrote:

[...]

Dear Mark,

You can look here for coupons:

http://www.edealinfo.com/Coupons/performancebike.shtml

If you ask for the catalogue, you'll get half a dozen emails
every month or two.

You can find Nashbar and others at the same coupon site.

Carl Fogel
Old July 30th 05, 03:56 PM
Booker C. Bense

Old August 2nd 05, 09:00 PM
James McGregor

Default Look or SPD pedals?

Hey, do you live in SO? I think I recall seeing you on the message
board over there. See you at the century.

- James in SO