Id these SR pedals for me ?

Old August 8th 05, 04:56 AM
maxo

Default Id these SR pedals for me ?

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:16:35 +0000, Bob wrote:

Fill me in so I can intelligently Ebay these thing

tweaked the levels and found the toe clip holes:

http://photos22.flickr.com/32163330_ab7ddd4162_o.jpg

those are touring platforms--I'd most definitely keep them--they'd look
fabulous with chrome clip--and be comfy in street shoes. Similar stuff,
but not as comfy by MKS will set you back around $40.

I'm pretty sure those are from the 70s if you're trying to keep the
collection "pure". :P
Old August 9th 05, 11:46 PM
maxo

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 18:24:32 +0000, Bob wrote:

Thanks... maybe I will put them into the box for a future semi-off road
mtb build. I should probably have a bike like that, but I can't figure out
how to build one with tubies. :-)

Put them on a black gentleman's racer with a fixed gear, upside down North
Road Handlebars, 35mm fenders, AND TUBIES.

Ride it in a pinstripe suit.

Old August 10th 05, 03:39 AM
Chalo

maxo wrote:

Bob wrote:

Thanks... maybe I will put them into the box for a future semi-off road
mtb build. I should probably have a bike like that, but I can't figure out
how to build one with tubies. :-)

Put them on a black gentleman's racer with a fixed gear, upside down North
Road Handlebars, 35mm fenders, AND TUBIES.

Ride it in a pinstripe suit.

While you're at it, glue on a pair of cordovan wingtips with silk base
tape-- er, socks.

In case of a scuff mark, you can keep an extra pair of pre-glued
wingtips in a saddlebag, along with whale oil for your chain and
acetylene for your headlight.

Chalo Colina

Old August 10th 05, 04:40 AM
maxo

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 19:39:01 -0700, Chalo wrote:

maxo wrote:

Bob wrote:

Thanks... maybe I will put them into the box for a future semi-off
road mtb build. I should probably have a bike like that, but I can't
figure out how to build one with tubies. :-)

Put them on a black gentleman's racer with a fixed gear, upside down
North Road Handlebars, 35mm fenders, AND TUBIES.

Ride it in a pinstripe suit.

While you're at it, glue on a pair of cordovan wingtips with silk base
tape-- er, socks.

In case of a scuff mark, you can keep an extra pair of pre-glued wingtips
in a saddlebag, along with whale oil for your chain and acetylene for your
headlight.

Don't forget the Proofide for your moustaches.

Old August 10th 05, 07:30 AM
maxo

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 05:47:09 +0000, Bob wrote:

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 03:40:25 GMT, maxo wrote:

Ride it in a pinstripe suit.

While you're at it, glue on a pair of cordovan wingtips with silk base
tape-- er, socks.

In case of a scuff mark, you can keep an extra pair of pre-glued
wingtips in a saddlebag, along with whale oil for your chain and
acetylene for your headlight.

Don't forget the Proofide for your moustaches.

This is all sounding rather good. I think some vintage cleats will attach
to the smooth leather sole of my wing tips just fine.

I've actually seen some converted to spd on a Mass ride. Nice stiff
sole, executive elegance, what more to want?...The bumps on the platforms
should grip just fine and if you decide on quills, just file a slot in the
leather.