Replace Cannondale Headshok?

Old August 7th 03, 06:07 AM
Greg Wolos

Default Replace Cannondale Headshok?

Hi All,

I have a Cannondale Delta V 1000 from '1995. The headshok doesn't seem to
hold air anymore so I want to replace it with a traditional suspension fork
and be done with it.

Has anyone done this before? What size tube do I need? Any help would be
appreciated......Thanks,
Greg

Old August 7th 03, 09:25 AM
David Kunz

Greg Wolos wrote:
Hi All,

I have a Cannondale Delta V 1000 from '1995. The headshok doesn't seem to
hold air anymore so I want to replace it with a traditional suspension fork
and be done with it.

Has anyone done this before? What size tube do I need? Any help would be
appreciated......Thanks,
Greg

You need an adapater to go from Connondale's proprietary head tube size
down to the standard. OR, you can just replace the o-ring in the shock
air cartridge (and add some quality shock oil to the cartridge to lube
it)... Unfortunately, you need a special Cannondale tool (head shock
castle tool) -- but your LBS should be able to help / let you borrow it
-- depeding on whether you want to do it or have them do it -- it's a
snap if you know what you're doing. Give me a hollar if you want basic
instructions.

David

Old September 11th 03, 05:20 PM
Marc Gwadz

I recently swithc from headshok to marzocchi with by using a cane creek
shorty cx headset designed to fit in the 1.5" tubes. was easy to do and
works great

antoher solution if you want to save the c'dale headset is to buy
adaptors that reduce the internal diameter to fit standard forks.
(simpler and perhasps slightly cheaper)

marc

Old September 12th 03, 03:55 AM
Ed Young

I swapped out an Ultra Fatty DL with a Rock Shox Psylo. I used an adapter
made by www.clcconcepts.com.
CLC Headshok Reducer: 60.00 at Performance (they had to order it)

It re-uses the 2inch bearings in the frame : C'Dale: HD169, Generic: B-543

Pretty easy to install if the bearings aren't destroyed when you remove the
headshok. If they are you can get the bearings fairly easily.

Good Luck,

Ed