lickton's gets no more business from me!

Old April 23rd 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Leo Lichtman

Default lickton's gets no more business from me!

"Bill Sornson" wrote: (clip) that old malt liquor ad calling it a
"completely unique"
experience (clip)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
In the same category: "In order to form a *more perfect* union."

A few of my favorites: "I have a friend of mine." "I own my own home."
"hot water heater,"

Old April 23rd 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Jens Müller[_2_]

ZBicyclist schrieb:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
My goodness, do you go into a restaraunt and complain that they
shouldn't be charging $6 for a salad that has .50 worth of vegetables
or whatever in it? How is that different?

One hopes the waitress is more attractive than Robert Lickton.

Another example is medicine.

Patient: "Doc, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Don't do that."

That will cost you upwards of $50.

No, only 10 ¤. Maybe it costs social security the equivalent of $50, but
I doubt it.
Old April 23rd 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
ZBicyclist

Jens Müller wrote:
ZBicyclist schrieb:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
My goodness, do you go into a restaraunt and complain that they
shouldn't be charging $6 for a salad that has .50 worth of
vegetables or whatever in it? How is that different?

One hopes the waitress is more attractive than Robert Lickton.

Another example is medicine.

Patient: "Doc, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Don't do that."

That will cost you upwards of $50.

No, only 10 ¤. Maybe it costs social security the equivalent of $50,
but I doubt it.

At the rate the dollar is going, it may not be long before 10 ¤. IS $50.

When the Euro was first introduced, it was worth about 80 US cents. Now
it's worth $1.60

--
Mike Kruger
"You have to be careful if you are reckless." - Richard M. Daley

Old April 23rd 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Tim McNamara

In article ,
Jens Müller wrote:

ZBicyclist schrieb:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
My goodness, do you go into a restaraunt and complain that they
shouldn't be charging $6 for a salad that has .50 worth of
vegetables or whatever in it? How is that different?

One hopes the waitress is more attractive than Robert Lickton.

Another example is medicine.

Patient: "Doc, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Don't do that."

That will cost you upwards of $50.

No, only 10 ¤. Maybe it costs social security the equivalent of $50,
but I doubt it.

Ah, but you (assuming your .de address means that you are in Germany)
are much more likely to have a rational health care system than we have
in the US. Here's that'd be $50 if you have insurance, $150 if you
don't.
Old April 23rd 08, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Tim McNamara

In article ,
"ZBicyclist" wrote:

Jens Müller wrote:
ZBicyclist schrieb:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
My goodness, do you go into a restaraunt and complain that they
shouldn't be charging $6 for a salad that has .50 worth of
vegetables or whatever in it? How is that different?

One hopes the waitress is more attractive than Robert Lickton.

Another example is medicine.

Patient: "Doc, it hurts when I do this."

Doctor: "Don't do that."

That will cost you upwards of $50.

No, only 10 ¤. Maybe it costs social security the equivalent of
$50, but I doubt it.

At the rate the dollar is going, it may not be long before 10 ¤. IS
$50.

When the Euro was first introduced, it was worth about 80 US cents.
Now it's worth $1.60

When I was in France the first time (2002), the Euro was worth US$0.98
to US$1.01. This made it just incredibly convenient to understand
prices in terms I was familiar with. When I went in 2003, I think the
Euro was worth about US$1.20 or so, which still wasn't bad to calculate
but was disadvantageous as a tourist. Now I basically can't afford to
higher.
Old April 23rd 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Tim McNamara

In article ,
SMS wrote:

Tim McNamara wrote:

I'm baffled by buying a lock ring by mail order and not just riding
down to the LBS to get one. Unless you only have LBSes with worse
customer service than Lickton's.

I'm sure that driving or riding or calling around looking for a shop
that has this item in stock would have cost him far more than $6
worth of time, fuel, etc. OTOH, some on-line stores do offer very
low-priced shipping for items they can stick in a padded envelope
which is nice of them. They don't have to go to the post office to do
this, their mail carrier will pick them up.

As a customer, of course, you certainly have the right to no longer
do business with them if their service was unsatisfactory from your
perspective.

I'll order more stuff from Lickton's to make up for Walter!

I've bought things in person and by mail order from Lickton's and have
always gotten a good deal and generally the customer service has been
good. I have usually dealt with Robin rather than Bob.
Old April 23rd 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
SMS

Bill Sornson wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
In article ,
SMS wrote:

[...]

[...}

It's a very unique item not found in any bicycle

^^^^^^^^^^^

I can't resist.

I'm with you on that one. (My father used to rant -- or maybe just vent a
bit -- on that old malt liquor ad calling it a "completely unique"
experience. Drilled into my pea brain.)

Plus that malt liquor was up to 50% and more less expensive.
Old April 23rd 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Tim McNamara

In article ,
"Bill Sornson" wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
In article , SMS
wrote:

[...]

[...}

It's a very unique item not found in any bicycle

^^^^^^^^^^^

I can't resist.

I'm with you on that one. (My father used to rant -- or maybe just
vent a bit -- on that old malt liquor ad calling it a "completely
unique" experience. Drilled into my pea brain.)

Bill "that and 'irregardless'" S.

Irrespective of your father's grammatical proclivities, it's better to
sell a totally unique product than a partially unique one- irregardless
of whether English teachers like it. :-D
Old April 23rd 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
Tim McNamara

In article
,
Bob wrote:

On Apr 21, 8:07*pm, SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

BTW, Walt is a cry-baby who has nothing better to do than waste his
time and everyone else's time complaining about some gd sub-$10
purchase that went all wrong. *I mean, he could post something
about global warming.

I think Walt's offbase but at least he's on topic. Let's see...
rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.marketplace,
rec.bicycles.soc. Nope, not a word about global warming or any other
allegedly impending climate change. There are plenty of offtopic
threads in these NGs without encouraging more.

LOL. Although I'd disagree about rec.bikes.soc, as the global warming
discussion might fit in there.
Old April 23rd 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.soc
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Apr 22, 6:11*pm, Tim McNamara wrote:
In article
,

*Bob wrote:
On Apr 21, 8:07*pm, SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

BTW, Walt is a cry-baby who has nothing better to do than waste his
time and everyone else's time complaining about some gd sub-$10
purchase that went all wrong. *I mean, he could post something
about global warming.

I think Walt's offbase but at least he's on topic. Let's see...
rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.racing, rec.bicycles.marketplace,
rec.bicycles.soc. Nope, not a word about global warming or any other
allegedly impending climate change. There are plenty of offtopic
threads in these NGs without encouraging more.

LOL. *Although I'd disagree about rec.bikes.soc, as the global warming
discussion might fit in there.

global warming is on topic in .racing.

Once things heat up we'll have the Tour de Greenland. I hear it has
some great cols. Antarctica? Don't get me started!