Shin Guards?

Old September 21st 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
T.M.C.

Default Shin Guards?

I'm thinking about getting some shin guards but I'm not sure yet. I was
thinking I should get them since I'm trying to learn some actual tricks
but I think that I just want them because I'm being a little girl and
I'm to scared to land them (unispins). What do you guys think about
shin guards?

--
T.M.C.
Old September 21st 08, 04:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

GET THEM. If your trying tricks, they will save your legs and they give
you loads more confidence (sometimes too much which is a bad thing). I
have 661's and just today, within the last few hours, they saved my
legs four times when the pedals hit them (I was trying a lot today).
Any one of those hits could have lead to a hospital visit for stitches,
and in that case I would have payed much more for a 1-time hospital bill
than for the shin guards. Some people say that the wrist guards are more
important when unicycling, but I think shin injuries far outnumber
wrist-and-hand injuries.

Both of my legs are healing from some bad pedal scratches right now.
One injury was from taking one lap around my street and I thought I
wouldn't need them. Well...I did. And I payed for it.

But a warning: shin guards don't guarantee shin safety. four days ago I
tried a unispin and the pedal went up and -under- my shin guards, got
stuck, and shredded my leg. I have no doubt it would have been worse if
I didn't have them, though.

I hope this helps and I hop for your sake that you decide to get shin
guards before a bad injury.

--
crazyjoe

*'uniproshop.com'
(http://uniproshop.com)
'MySpace' (http://myspace.com/myspace_joespace)*
Old September 21st 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
beeper

T.M.C. wrote:
What do you guys think about shin guards?

Essential. No doubt about it. I don't care who you are, or how tough
you think you are, but if you are smart, then you own and use a pair of
shin guards.

I don't use them every time, but for me they are what keep me in tact.

When I don't use them, I usually wish I did.

--
beeper

)-90'-UNISPIN-O

'SixSixOne' (SixSixOne.com)
Old September 21st 08, 06:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
_Ground_Zero_

Not even a question. Get them, your shins will thank you. Not only will
you get confidence but you'll be saved from most pedal bites. I can't
go a ride without them.

--
_Ground_Zero_

-Zero
)-2xLegwrap-O 3rd
Old September 21st 08, 06:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
laxguy92

get them now! 661 has good ones that arent to expensive and provide
good leg coverage. they are a little hot, and tend to slip a little,
but thats a small price to pay for not having your shins turned into
hamburger

--
laxguy92
Old September 21st 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scoope

After a pedal bite I got some 661 Veggie Wraps ($25 at Pricepoint).
They are very comfortable and have saved my shins!

--
scoope
Old September 21st 08, 01:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

I actually wouldnt get 661s unless you are cheap. The latest models have
ventilated foam (holes) instead of being a solid foam lining. They also
took the solid plastic in the front, and took big square chunks out of
it. A pedal, edge, rock, log, whatever, hitting in that chunk, has a
high chance to go through the ventilated foam and cut your leg, or just
give you a nice, hard thump. And its pretty much mid-shin, so a place
where you end up getting hit quite a bit.

Dont let heat be a factor for you. Youre out unicycling, working out,
and wearing extra/insulating pads on your legs. Your gonna get hot, and
your gonna be sweaty, jsut get sued to that.

Id suggest something that is more solid than 661, and there are a lot
of other companies that make a lot of other shin guards. It isnt just
661 and kh.

--
Jerrick

-i am christian, and i ride for christ.~~~~team forrest~~~~~~~~team
dirty
bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~')-2xlegwrap-o'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doz4jbiigy)
check out my 'gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/2zfklh).~~~~~~~~~...quack!~~~~team
spencer!~~~team kickyourass!
member of the 'mris' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz).
want some advice? unicycle better.
~jerrick: king of carnies-
Old September 21st 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Pigs on Unicycles

Definatly get them. For one, they will save you from alot of pain and
scars. For two, you a girl so I asume your kinda concernd about you
legs. They do get hot but get used to it. Their protection
overrides their heat.

Pigs

--
Pigs on Unicycles

Blisters are like people, at first you are anoyed with them but soon
you're at peace with them, and by that time they're gone.

Homework kills trees! Stop the MADNESS!!I'm tighter than the Jonnas
brothers' pants!!
Old September 21st 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
T.M.C.

lol, no I wasn't trying to say I was a girl, I was saying that I'm
acting like a little girl and didn't want to land the trick

--
T.M.C.
Old September 21st 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Uniwitold

T.M.C. wrote:
lol, no I wasn't trying to say I was a girl, I was saying that I'm
acting like a little girl and didn't want to land the trick

Please look TMC on videos here, what incredible tricks do 'LITTLE GIRS'
without any guards at all.
It does not mean you should'nt buy the stuf. But little girls can do
big boys job and gracefully too. Old man.

--
Uniwitold

Veni !Vidi !Mount ! ' Public does not perceive it reacts'. Greg
Harper.

shin guards littleman Unicycling 24 November 18th 07 09:29 PM
Shin guards brownboy13 Unicycling 5 April 4th 06 07:28 AM
Shin guards carsonpalooza Unicycling 0 April 1st 06 02:54 AM
Shin Guards koebwil Unicycling 13 December 15th 05 06:23 AM
Shin Guards jabbath Unicycling 6 August 23rd 05 02:22 AM