backpack

Old September 24th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

Default backpack

Its definately possible I carry a backpack with just about every trip I
go on with my unicycle.

--
Michaelgoround
Old September 24th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
laxguy92

of course its possible......you need to carry your stuff around while
you ride, such as food, water, and other supplies

--
laxguy92
Old September 24th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

The only things you can`t really do well with a large backpack are
trials and hardcore Muni. I would also caution not to go too fast when
wareing a large backpack as they can affect how you fall if you are
unfourtunate enough to have a high speed UPD. I firmly believe that my
fall last year that left me with a badly seperated shoulder would have
been of little consequence if I either was carrying a smaller backpack
or going considerably slower.

I almost always have a small backpack with hydration system and food
for rides over an hour.

--
saskatchewanian
Old September 24th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

i always ride with a small pack, and have carried tent, cooker, food and
water for three days on my back while unicycling before.

--
kington99

Dave

Old September 24th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dizzykiwi

gracias

domo arigato gonzaimus

she she

thanks!

--
dizzykiwi
Old September 24th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danny Colyer

Gadge wrote:
But once you're able to ride any distance you shouldn't have any problem
with a small pack.

When I was younger (21) and fitter I once carried a bag of groceries
home including 24 litres of milk. So, a bag weighing in excess of
24kg. It's certainly doable, but I wouldn't want to carry much more
than that or to ride far with that sort of weight (I only had to ride
about a mile).

--
Danny Colyer

'http://www.redpedals.co.uk' (http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/)
"I don't think proofreading is adequate. All posts should be waxed and
buffed. Then they should wear little tuxedos." - Greg Harper on usenet
Old September 24th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

its possible with lots of stuff... I take a bag every time I go out to
record, usually taking a drink, food, tools, money, phone, camera and
sometimes a tripod. That isn't too bad. If I go to the shop I take my
bag and unicycle, becuase the shops charges extra for bags, thats fine.
I do a paper round 5 days a week, that doesn't make riding any harder.

If you really want to be silly, unicycle carrying more unicycles, or
while wheeling a bike along next to you... or carry an immensely heavy
palate up a hill on a unicycle! It kills your back but the looks from
passers by are priceless!

--
1-wheeled-grape

Scott,

'Restoring a Mini Mayfair... It's going to be awesome!!!!!!'
(http://tinyurl.com/6jry36)
'My bebo thingy' (http://www.bebo.com/unicyclist_for_life)

uni backpack? gabetheunicycleman Unicycling 5 January 18th 07 11:30 AM
Uni dog backpack Erin Unicycling 21 January 30th 06 05:18 PM
Uni dog backpack litldude2 Unicycling 0 January 29th 06 02:05 AM
backpack ICP8456 Unicycling 0 April 28th 05 09:43 PM
Hi-vis backpack? Richard Bates UK 17 December 5th 04 07:49 PM