Wide foot seeking wide pedal for special get-together.

Old November 5th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JesseG

Default Wide foot seeking wide pedal for special get-together.

So...umm...need a wide pedal for Muni. Width (as in: dimension measured
along the pedal axle) is the top priority.

Other things this foot looks for in a pedal a

Thin. (Before you get offended--I mean as in low-profile pedal height)

Light. (Again, not like it sounds.)

Concave. (I like 'em curvy like that.)

Clingy. (Think grippy.)

And, of course, smartly dressed helps.

Thx for playing matchmaker,
Jesse

--
JesseG

Old November 5th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

I think the Drillium pedals fit all those criteria (not sure about
weight though), and are apparently good for muni. They're very
expensive though.

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old November 5th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JesseG

rob.northcott;1125258 wrote:
I think the Drillium pedals fit all those criteria (not sure about
weight though), and are apparently good for muni. They're very
expensive though.

Rob

I've seen those (in pictures).

They are certainly dressed nicely, and I'd buy em if they're wider than
other pedals. Problem is, I never seem to be able to get stats on how
wide pedals are.

I agree they look wide, do you know how wide they actually are, or that
they are wider than another certain pedal.

thx.

--
JesseG

Old November 5th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rob.northcott

JesseG;1125274 wrote:
do you know how wide they actually are, or that they are wider than
another certain pedal.

Not first-hand, but I know Terry Peterson (MuniAddict on here) likes
them and I'm sure I've seen him remark about them being wider than other
pedals. You could try PMing him if he doesn't respond to this thread.

Rob

--
rob.northcott
Old November 5th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onelesscar

I have really sensitive feet...as in, they start hurting really fast if
the pedal bodies aren't big enough. I reeeeaaaallly love my wellgo
mg-1's, and they match all your criteria...light, grippy, and big pedal
body.

--
onelesscar

Catching the coker fever.
Old November 5th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

rob.northcott;1125294 wrote:
Not first-hand, but I know Terry Peterson (MuniAddict on here) likes
them and I'm sure I've seen him remark about them being wider than other
pedals. You could try PMing him if he doesn't respond to this thread.

Rob

As far as width and thickness they are the same as most platforms I've
seen.

They are about the same width as my DX pedals, and a tad wider than my
JC's.

My next pedals are going to be low prifile as well, but almost all are
expensive and aren't compatible w/ pedal protectors. I'm looking at
KONA WAH WAH's. The '08 pair are a bit less $, but the '09 ones come in
white too (now called Primo). The '09 standard WAH WAH's cost a lot
less (i think $35) but, there aren't as many pins & I don't think they
are removable (but if they're the same as the standard Jack****s,
they're very grippy, a bit more than my DX's), and in pictures they look
like they may be a tad thicker than the Primos.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What next? 'IUF skill levels'
(http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/levels/)*'
Street'
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia/Street)*'unicycletips.com'
(http://unicycletips.com/)*'Trials class system'
(http://tinyurl.com/yqpvxk)*'Trials Building'
Old November 5th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Kona Jack****s.

Not what you are looking for, but its kinda what you want.

--
Jerrick

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
Old November 5th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Do you have the standard ones or the Pimos? (The standard ones pins'
aren't removable, similar to my DX's, the Primos have set screws)

After getting them I discovered mine are the Primos. Now I think set
screws didn't give me a good grip to moveability ratio in comparison to
my DX's or JC's, after puting in longer screws to get enough grip.

Old November 5th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Im sure theya re standard. Just as grippy as Mg-1s or Tiogas. Ive
wrecked quite a few times cause I couldnt pull my foot off the pedal. =p

Old November 6th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JesseG

I've looked at the wah-wahs. They are really beautiful, but only maybe 5
millimeters bigger than my (I think very average sized) plastic Animals.
I would really love it if someone could measure a Drillium or any other
pedals suggested.

I've discovered that looks can be deceiving.

Thx.

--
JesseG