The future of uk.rec.cycling.moderated

Old January 14th 10, 10:41 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling,uk.net.news.moderation,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
NM

Default The future of uk.rec.cycling.moderated

On 14 Jan, 22:28, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Sara" wrote in message

[...]

The most constructive advice I could give is to say "give it up, you
won't get anywhere". I hardly look at either cycling group any more, the
unmoderated one because it's a shambles and the moderated one because
it's not being moderated the way I feel it should be. Which is a shame,
but I really don't like the sound of what you're trying to do.

Unmoderated newsgroups are for idiots, of which there is never any shortage.
But moderated newsgroups do not fare any better unless you have moderators
who are smarter than the posters. That is never the case. The moderators
always turn out to be the biggest idiots of all. A little power goes to
their heads and before you know it all they are doing is censoring whatever
it is they don't like This has the effect of angering everyone and before
you know it another moderated newsgroup has gone belly up.

In the end, you are better off with an unmoderated newsgroup. Just ignore
all the idiots and post whatever you want. There will always be one or two
intelligent souls who will pick up on what you have to say. That is the best
that anyone can expect.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

How long before this one goes belly up, as it inevitably will? Odds
anyone?