Carbon forks for small wheels

Old August 24th 03, 09:57 PM
Ole Carlsen

Default Carbon forks for small wheels

Partok wrote:
there that knows of a company making a carbon fork for a bent with a 20"
front wheel??? I've seen a few on bmx equipment sites, but so far none

www.velokraft.com

--
Ole

Old August 24th 03, 10:47 PM
Nathan Congdon

Partok wrote in message ...
Hi, For the most part I've been a lurker in this forum. I just didn't
have anthing to bring up. Well, now I do. Question: Is there anyone out
there that knows of a company making a carbon fork for a bent with a 20"
front wheel??? I've seen a few on bmx equipment sites, but so far none
of em' include mounts for brakes.

Any ideas?

Partok Volae Century

Easy Racers has told me recently that they expect that Calfee will
have a carbon fork available soon for the Easy Racers bikes, as part
of their Stilleto CF 'bent project. The Easy Racers bikes (TE and GRR
anyway) have 20 inch front wheels. If there are other such forks out
there, I do not know about them.

Best regards,
Nathan Congdon
GRR

Old August 25th 03, 12:29 AM
Tom Sherman

Nathan Congdon wrote:

Easy Racers has told me recently that they expect that Calfee will
have a carbon fork available soon for the Easy Racers bikes, as part
of their Stilleto CF 'bent project. The Easy Racers bikes (TE and GRR
anyway) have 20 inch front wheels. If there are other such forks out
there, I do not know about them.

These forks could work well on other LWB bikes, but will have way too
much rake to use on a SWB bike.

Old August 25th 03, 02:20 AM
John Foltz

Partok wrote:
Hi, For the most part I've been a lurker in this forum. I just didn't
have anthing to bring up. Well, now I do. Question: Is there anyone out
there that knows of a company making a carbon fork for a bent with a 20"
front wheel??? I've seen a few on bmx equipment sites, but so far none
of em' include mounts for brakes.

I believe there was some noise recently that WoundUp would soon be
producing several models of carbon forks for recumbents. Nothing on
their site yet; but if you're in need, it wouldn't hurt to ask them.
http://www.advancedcomposites.com/woundup.htm

--

John Foltz --- O _
Baron --- _O _ V-Rex 24 --- _\\/\-%)

Old August 25th 03, 05:42 PM
Don

Partok, Bacchetta is having one made for their (springtime release?)
26/20 Ti bike. It will NOT accept V-brakes and it may not be
available from them as a separate purchase. But somebody is making it
for them and it may become available from one or more sources.

Giro owners, don't get too excited about the potential upgrade. The
fork is shorter than the stock aluminum fork so it requires a head
tube extension to maintain bike geometry. It is also not designed for
fat tires.