73 degree or thereabouts stems

Old February 27th 05, 11:30 PM
A Muzi

A Muzi wrote:
If you mean a quill or an ahead stem which extends parallel
to the ground, there's no shortage of them.

Pete Biggs wrote:
I disagree that there's no shortage when it comes to ahead stems.
Please name some ~73 deg ahead stems with 25.8 or 26.0 bar clamp. I only
know of the Deda Zero and the Ritchey ones. It seems to me that, unlike
quill stems, the norm angle for ahead stems is about 82 degrees, and that
makes a crucial difference.

(am)Nomenclature has
gotten impenetrable (-15?) but the stems haven't changed.

(pb) I think the stems /have/ changed.

I think you have a point. I should have looked first.

While there certainly are some ( the Ritchey you mentioned,
Profile, Santana's Evolution [for tandems], there a _lot_
more "82" than "73". Geez that changed fast!

Here are some shown against a Technomic:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/STEMZ73.JPG

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old February 28th 05, 12:25 AM

AC wrote:
Hello:

Does anybody know who makes stems around that range? My new bike has

rather long headtube, and I need something to lower my bars.

I know Ricthey made a 73, but apparently they discontinued that, or

so I
heard.

Thanks.
AC

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=5235

Old February 28th 05, 02:09 AM
Paul Kopit

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:42:37 GMT, "AC" wrote:

I looked around and it looks like the Zero is no longer made. Anything
around -17 to -15 would be just fine.

What length do you need. I have a few ITM stems that I believe are 17
degree. The downside is that they are closed face, which never
bothered me. I changed frame size and now need longer stems than 110.

90 degree threadless road stem [email protected] Techniques 8 February 2nd 05 06:06 PM
FS: high end road threadless stems (ITM/3T/Ritchey) - all for 25.8/26.0 bar Pete Marketplace 0 December 8th 04 12:31 AM
FS: High End road Quill Stems (Titec/3T) Pete Marketplace 0 December 8th 04 12:31 AM
Head Stems xbgs351 Australia 10 June 14th 04 01:46 PM
hands and neck bothering me. Geometry? curt General 14 March 8th 04 02:27 AM