Tom Danielson, RIP

Old October 31st 05, 04:25 AM
crit PRO

Default Tom Danielson, RIP

Overdose.

clean PRO

Old October 31st 05, 05:40 AM
Jet

On 30 Oct 2005 20:25:19 -0800, "crit PRO" wrote:

Overdose.

clean PRO

With so many cycling deaths at the hands of maniacal drivers, to even quip
like this is not cool. There's a brotherhood, even if it's tainted, bro.

-jet

Old October 31st 05, 02:43 PM
Fred Marx

Jet wrote:
On 30 Oct 2005 20:25:19 -0800, "crit PRO" wrote:

Overdose.

clean PRO

With so many cycling deaths at the hands of maniacal drivers, to even quip
like this is not cool. There's a brotherhood, even if it's tainted, bro.

-jet

please, don't help the troll wank off.
Old October 31st 05, 03:44 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:40:55 -0500, wrote:

On 30 Oct 2005 20:25:19 -0800, "crit PRO" wrote:

Overdose.

clean PRO

With so many cycling deaths at the hands of maniacal drivers, to even quip
like this is not cool. There's a brotherhood, even if it's tainted, bro.

-jet

Gee, I follow a lot of bike related stuff, even read most of what's on
rbr, but seem to have missed all these people killed by maniacal
drivers. Actually, I can list more teenagers in cars killed in our
local area alone in the last couple of weeks due to stupid and
possibly maniacal drivers than all the cyclists killed by drivers
across the U.S. in the same period. (Admittedly, we have had a bad
couple of weeks in our area.)

We need a bit of rhetorical restraint on all sides. Cosidering the
number of cyclists that I have known from LAW in its better days and
the ABLA and USCF as a rider and official, I'm kind of surprised about
how few riders I've known that have died or been seriously injured
(not counting bike racing). And not all cycling deaths are from
drivers.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old October 31st 05, 04:14 PM
psycholist

I'm in Upstate, SC. Three cyclist deaths here in the past WEEK! Nothing
about it is even remotely humorous. And as far as I'm concerned, an
inattentive driver might just as well be a crazed, maniacle driver. Same
end result.
--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)
news

Old October 31st 05, 05:25 PM
Jet

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:44:59 -0500, Curtis L. Russell
wrote:

[...]

Dude, yer not payin' attention.;-)

Female cycling team decimated, must have been 20 announcements here and in
misc over the past 10 months. Several pros, triathletes, rec riders. I get
buzzed daily and I'm riding rural roads near the stock yards. Sheesh.

I'm not trying to create a 'maniacal drivers' scare. Just sayin..

-jet

Old October 31st 05, 05:26 PM
Jet

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:43:23 -0700, Fred Marx wrote:

Jet wrote:
On 30 Oct 2005 20:25:19 -0800, "crit PRO" wrote:

Overdose.

clean PRO

With so many cycling deaths at the hands of maniacal drivers, to even quip
like this is not cool. There's a brotherhood, even if it's tainted, bro.

-jet

please, don't help the troll wank off.

If he's wanking off to cyclists' deaths then he's not just a troll, is he?
;-p

Point taken.

-jet

Old October 31st 05, 06:11 PM
Curtis L. Russell

wrote:

[...]

20 announcements over the last ten months, with people pulling info
from newspapers all over the world? We've had three multiple injuries
with death accidents involving teens in a very small area inside of
two weeks, not ten months. Get some perspective.

I thought the joke was a touch tasteless, but then the dead bell
ringer joke is too and it made Readers Digest*. There's a Hispanic
comedian on the Comedy Channel that would appear to me to be a good
candidate for being hauled out and beaten consecutively by all major
racial groups in random order, but the place is filled with people
(all colors) laughing, so what do I know? I changed the channel,
although the last joke was kind of funny. rbr has other threads to
read...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

* The one that goes: They were interviewing people to take over the
job of ringing bells on Sunday morning at the local church, which
required that the person climb the steeple and pull the ropes at the
top.. One of the first applicants fell from the tower. Two old gents
at the bottom look at him and one says, "Do you recognize him?" and
the other replies, "No, he doesn't ring a bell with me."

Just then another applicant falls from the tower as well and lands at
their feet. So the first guy asks, "Well, do you know him?" and the
second guy replies, "No, but he's a dead ringer for the first one."

Sorry if that offends any bell ringers out there. OK, maybe I'm not...
Old October 31st 05, 06:39 PM
Bob Schwartz

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
* The one that goes:

That reminds me of the story that 'The Who' considered changing
the name of the band after Keith Moon's passing, to...

'The Deadbeats'

Bob Schwartz
Old October 31st 05, 09:00 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Curtis L. Russell wrote:

lame joke snipped

Dumbass -

That joke sucked. So does Reader's Digest.

You read that crap? I admit that I used to, but that was in 5th grade.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Tom Danielson -Vuelta Stud Steady Rollin' Man Racing 12 September 21st 05 03:08 PM
Discovery Hypothetical: Zabriski or Danielson? [email protected] Racing 6 May 19th 05 03:55 AM
Fred Danielson crit PRO Racing 31 March 19th 05 03:12 AM
Tom Danielson not doing Vuelta? Bestest Handsander Racing 9 September 2nd 04 05:52 AM
Danielson to Fassa Bortolo info. Racing 0 August 26th 03 04:00 PM