He's changed his tune.

Old September 3rd 06, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default He's changed his tune.

Style "guru" Dylan Jones in today's Mail on Sunday, just a few months after
the usual "lycra louts" diatribe. I always knew it was envy that fuelled his
vitriol. :-)
BTW this is with a digital camera, not my usual scanner, so the image is a
bit dodgy.
18 miles of cycling is 2 weeks of exercise for him? - no wonder!

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zmos2.htm

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old September 3rd 06, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Danny Colyer

Simon Mason posted:
http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zmos2.htm

"Sweating like a marine on a spelling test".

LOL, I must remember that one.

--
Danny Colyer URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/
Old September 3rd 06, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ningi

Simon Mason wrote:
Style "guru" Dylan Jones in today's Mail on Sunday, just a few months after
the usual "lycra louts" diatribe. I always knew it was envy that fuelled his
vitriol. :-)
BTW this is with a digital camera, not my usual scanner, so the image is a
bit dodgy.
18 miles of cycling is 2 weeks of exercise for him? - no wonder!

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zmos2.htm

Thanks for posting that. It's quite a good article, but not enough to
make me want to buy the Mail.

The last time I was cycling in France, we saw very few cyclists under
about 50. I'd hate to think that cycling is dying out as a pastime, but
maybe the old guys are the last that are left.

Pete
Old September 4th 06, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Simon Mason wrote:
Style "guru" Dylan Jones in today's Mail on Sunday, just a few months after
the usual "lycra louts" diatribe. I always knew it was envy that fuelled his
vitriol. :-)

Columnists are paid
to have strong views, interestingly expressed.

As such, careful consideration of
both sides of an argument is not a priority.

It's also common to express unambiguous
views that they don't actually believe.

Given this, it's unsurprising (and common) for a columnist
to present a subsequent argument inconsistent with
an earlier one.

BugBear