A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Difference in Handlebar width.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 16th 19, 04:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Difference in Handlebar width.

The Brooks B73 saddle that I like a lot, not quite as hew-yuge as the B90, which has a Chalo-size suspension system:
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index....60311#msg60311

Brooks' magic grips that I also mentioned:
http://thorncyclesforum.co.uk/index....23365#msg23365

Andre Jute
Can my component mate with your component?

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 3:34:38 PM UTC+1, Andre Jute wrote:
My bikes are set up to within a millimetre by a long process of changing only one thing at a time and then testing it. I find that any other setup gives me pain in the small of my back by the weight of my arms pulling on the muscles down my back. Any other pains I ascribe to creeping age.

I sit on a big triple-spring Brooks saddle (guaranteed to give the weight weenies a fainting fit) and I try not to adjust it every year, as advised, because it upsets my bike fit.

I swapped bikes with a guy I met on the road who had a much more powerful version of my motor fitted, for only about twenty minutes, and the next day was lying across the bed reading a book on the floor because I couldn't sit in a chair. Nothing wrong with his bike, good fat balloons too, just that it forced me into an unaccustomed "sporting" position. He said something like that about my bike too, though he couldn't be more than forty and looked pretty limber.

Here it was 18C yesterday, for Ireland pretty near a heatwave. I rode out for an hour, choosing the biggest hills to make my own air conditioning on the downhills, and came home soaked, with my heart rate over the permitted level for the entire ride. Feel better for it today.

Carried a banana but it came home with me.

I'm particularly sensitive to vibrations in my hands, even micro vibrations. About ten years ago I bought Brooks grips consisting of thick rings of leather used end on and held in cast ali end pieces by short bicycle spokes (I kid you not). I bought them as a novelty, maybe a joke. But they've proven to be better at keeping vibrations out of my hands than any of the gel grips I ever tried.

Andre Jute
You never know on which road you find salvation -- St Peter