Rolling hop help.

Old September 14th 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
andytait

Default Rolling hop help.

Thanks for all the advice. I need to try to get my feet horizontal I
think at first to get some height, then I'll concentrate on hitting
things at different trajectories. I can hop a curb approaching from an
angle or straight on, just not every time, I do more of a 'lift' than a
hop if you know what I mean, and if the curb is more then 3 or 4 inches
there is no guarantee I'll make it, the tyre will often catch the edge
of the curb.

Do you actually momentarily stop the uni wheel when you take off, with
the momentum being carried forward by your body, or is the idea for the
wheel to be moving all the time?

Andy

--
andytait
andytait's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11766

Old September 14th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

when i jump i do either.

i can rolling hop and keep the wheel still so i land in the same
position, or i can keep pedalling so the wheel keeps going and i land
in a different position.

when i dont roll i tend to skid a bit upon impact.

--
iridemymuni

munipsycho wrote:
Just a bit of advice: never vomit while wearing a full-face helmet.

guess what !

'Bike Coalition!!' (www.bikecoalition.com)
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900