REMA patches

Old September 21st 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DirtRoadie

Default REMA patches

On Sep 17, 6:33*pm, Jay Beattie wrote:

It would be easy to do a controlled experiment.

Are there any special rules I should be following...

I'd like to see a protocol as I have described below.
It should actually be easier.
All of this presumes following standard instructions.

1. Prepare a large patch test area.
2. Cover the area with a layer of patch adhesive
3. Then as the adhesive is drying, apply patches at 1 minute
intervals.
(that should give us patches at 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 minutes, it might
even be worth adding one at a more extended time, like 15 minutes)

4. After the last patch is dry try to peel the patches off.

Now I speculate that ALL patches will be removable.
The point is to determine the significance of the drying time, PRECISE
state of the glue at the time of patch application

Why? Because of the suggestion by a certain individual that a patch
which is "peelable" immediately after application is defective and
this results from the glue being too dry.

I think everyone would expect a patch applied to wet adhesive to be
peelable.
And the above referenced individual is adamant that a patch applied to
"dry" glue (5 minutes minum is the REMA instruction) is peelable.
So by this individual's hypothesis, there some "magic" point in this
5 minute span at which application results in an "unpeelable" patch.

That does not seem likely, but that's why this experiment is in order.

And if all fresh patches are peelable, no conclusion can be drawn
about any fresh patch which is peelable. Like, for instance, one
applied by a certain REMA rep.

DR

REMA patches BigP Techniques 0 September 21st 10 01:53 PM
Rema Patches Hold Without Waiting 24 Hours Stephen Bauman Techniques 12 April 30th 09 04:22 AM
A Pure Herbal Needed for Vitiligo white patches who will help me to get rid of white patches from my skin Bill General 1 March 31st 05 10:54 PM
APure Herbal Needed for Vitiligo white patches who will help me to get rid of white patches from my skin Bill Marketplace 0 March 27th 05 07:50 PM