This guy has been mown down by cyclists three times in three months !

Old June 25th 12, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default This guy has been mown down by cyclists three times in three months !

"It most recently happened last Monday when I stepped out of my shop and
someone ran in to me. "

"The lady on the bike was going that fast, she ran in to me and then went
over the handlebars."

(obviously a made up story since cyclists do not go over the handlebars)

"She then gave me a lot of abuse " (what? a cyclist giving abuse when they
are in the wrong? surely not?)

http://www.chesterfirst.co.uk/news/1...pavements.aspx

Old June 25th 12, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
DavidR (was dr6092)

On Jun 25, 8:33*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

"The lady on the bike was going that fast, she ran in to me and then went
over the handlebars."

(obviously a made up story since cyclists do not go over the handlebars)

Definitely made up and he's caught himself out because he forgot that
when a cyclist goes over the handlebars, they flip over and land on
their head. And someone forgot to report that her helmet saved her.

Apart from that, riding on the pavement was (is) wrong.

Old June 26th 12, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Monday, June 25, 2012 8:33:28 PM UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
"It most recently happened last Monday when I stepped out of my shop and
someone ran in to me. "

"The lady on the bike was going that fast, she ran in to me and then went
over the handlebars."

(obviously a made up story since cyclists do not go over the handlebars)

"She then gave me a lot of abuse " (what? a cyclist giving abuse when they
are in the wrong? surely not?)

http://www.chesterfirst.co.uk/news/1...pavements.aspx

To quote JNugent in another thread:- Does it explain what right he had to do that, or how doing so would be a wise action with or without a right to do it?
Old June 26th 12, 03:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

Default .

On Jun 25, 9:24*pm, "DavidR (was dr6092)" wrote:
On Jun 25, 8:33*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

"The lady on the bike was going that fast, she ran in to me and then went
over the handlebars."

(obviously a made up story since cyclists do not go over the handlebars)

Definitely made up and he's caught himself out because he forgot that
when a cyclist goes over the handlebars, they flip over and land on
their head. And someone forgot to report that her helmet saved her.

Apart from that, riding on the pavement was (is) wrong.

She wasn't riding, she was running. This is evident from the
statement made by the witness, "she ran in to me".
Old June 26th 12, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"thirty-six" wrote in message
On Jun 25, 9:24 pm, "DavidR (was dr6092)" wrote:
On Jun 25, 8:33 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

"The lady on the bike was going that fast, she ran in to me and then
went
over the handlebars."

(obviously a made up story since cyclists do not go over the
handlebars)

Definitely made up and he's caught himself out because he forgot that
when a cyclist goes over the handlebars, they flip over and land on
their head. And someone forgot to report that her helmet saved her.

Apart from that, riding on the pavement was (is) wrong.

She wasn't riding, she was running. This is evident from the
statement made by the witness, "she ran in to me".

Running while cycling?

Old June 26th 12, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

John Benn wrote:
"thirty-six" wrote in message
On Jun 25, 9:24 pm, "DavidR (was dr6092)" wrote:
On Jun 25, 8:33 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

"The lady on the bike was going that fast, she ran in to me and
then went
over the handlebars."

(obviously a made up story since cyclists do not go over the
handlebars)

Definitely made up and he's caught himself out because he forgot
that when a cyclist goes over the handlebars, they flip over and
land on their head. And someone forgot to report that her helmet
saved her. Apart from that, riding on the pavement was (is) wrong.

She wasn't riding, she was running. This is evident from the
statement made by the witness, "she ran in to me".

Running while cycling?

English is not his first language.

Old June 26th 12, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Holmes[_3_]

"DavidR (was dr6092)" wrote in message
On Jun 25, 8:33 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

"The lady on the bike was going that fast, she ran in to me and then went
over the handlebars."

(obviously a made up story since cyclists do not go over the handlebars)

Definitely made up and he's caught himself out because he forgot that
when a cyclist goes over the handlebars, they flip over and land on
their head. And someone forgot to report that her helmet saved her.

Apart from that, riding on the pavement was (is) wrong.

It is too bloody dangerous to cycle on the road!

Alan

Old July 1st 12, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

Default What if this guy has been mown down by motorists three times in three months?

On Jun 25, 8:33*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
"It most recently happened last Monday when I stepped out of my shop and
someone ran in to me. "

"The lady on the bike was going that fast, she ran in to me and then went
over the handlebars."

(obviously a made up story since cyclists do not go over the handlebars)

"She then gave me a lot of abuse " (what? a cyclist giving abuse when they
are in the wrong? surely not?)

http://www.chesterfirst.co.uk/news/1...pdown-on-cycli...

Of course, had it been pavement motorists instead he would probably be
dead by now.

-- .
A driving licence is sometimes a licence to kill.
Old July 1st 12, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Jul 1, 7:40*am, Doug wrote:
On Jun 25, 8:33*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote: "It most recently happened last Monday when I stepped out of my shop and
someone ran in to me. "

"The lady on the bike was going that fast, she ran in to me and then went
over the handlebars."

(obviously a made up story since cyclists do not go over the handlebars)

"She then gave me a lot of abuse " (what? a cyclist giving abuse when they
are in the wrong? surely not?)

http://www.chesterfirst.co.uk/news/1...pdown-on-cycli...

Of course, had it been pavement motorists instead he would probably be
dead by now.

-- .
A driving licence is sometimes a licence to kill.

Perhaps cyclists could be licensed too, so as cyclists we could also
enjoy protection from any unlawful actions. ;-) This driver
licensing thing is a clever system where those with with money can use
legislation to avoid prosecution for unlawful actions. Do those who
operate a motor-car without a licence get unfairly treated by the
police and courts? You betcha they do. At the moment I do not keep a
car for use on public roads and borrow one when I need to. The
driving licence (in my name) protects me from prosecution should I
cause harm or loss to another which may occur due to some failure of
the loaned car. I do not otherwise want, need or require a driving
licence at the moment as I have no need for commercial activity
involing a motor-vehicle.
Old July 1st 12, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Doug wrote:
On Jun 25, 8:33 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
"It most recently happened last Monday when I stepped out of my shop
and someone ran in to me. "

"The lady on the bike was going that fast, she ran in to me and then
went over the handlebars."

(obviously a made up story since cyclists do not go over the
handlebars)

"She then gave me a lot of abuse " (what? a cyclist giving abuse
when they are in the wrong? surely not?)

http://www.chesterfirst.co.uk/news/1...pdown-on-cycli...

Of course, had it been pavement motorists instead he would probably be
dead by now.

-- .
A driving licence is sometimes a licence to kill.

cars on pavements are not such a frequent occurrence, so that is less
likely.
Cars tend to make a noise, so you can hear them coming. Cars are fitted
with audible warning devices so they can warn of their approach/danger.
Cars have number plates so they can be traced if they drive off after a
crash.
Cars are usually insured so there may be recompense for injuries.
Cars are designed to protect those they hit as well as their occupants.

Cycles are none of the above and are ridden by untrained, untested and
unregulated riders that seem to revel in lawbreaking activities including
drunken and drugged riding, which is why they are more of a problem to the
general public than cars on the pavement.