540s ?

Old June 19th 05, 04:00 PM
foxx

Default 540s ?

hey guys,

the 360 is no problem on the unicycle, but what about the 540 like dan
in univserse 2 ? are there any tips to do this awesome trick ?

thanks
felix

--
foxx - gelegenheitsfahrer

GOD BLESS
'unitrials.de ! --- Einradfahren exTrEmE' (http://www.unitrials.de)
foxx's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/572

Old June 19th 05, 06:53 PM
eljest

just keep training, but 540's is old news, 720 is the new stuff.

--
eljest - street & trial

the life is what you make it to
eljest's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8460

Old June 19th 05, 07:13 PM
mango

eljest wrote:
*...but 540's is old news, 720 is the new stuff. *

Oh man. Now you've got some shoes to fill.

--
mango - unity - as 1 stand together

*Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old June 19th 05, 07:36 PM
foxx

hmmm, yeah training is the key for the most tricks. 720° sounds crazy
but 4 years ago no one thought about sidehop nearly one metre high... .
let me know if somebody did the 720 :-)

felix

Old June 19th 05, 08:10 PM
maestro8

foxx wrote:
*the 360 is no problem on the unicycle*

Watch your mouth, young lad! Some people here have problems
freemounting or turning 90 degrees... I'm still working on the 270
(can't quite make 360 yet).

If the 360 is "no problem" why don't you post some videos of yourself
360ing down 5 stairs / over a fat gap... or off of / onto a skinny... or
into a pedalgrab / grind? Don't let your mouth write a check that your
a** can't cash! Eljest has posted some sweet street vids... so we
know he can walk the talk!

--
maestro8 - Mad Scientists for World Domination

Groucho Marx

Old June 19th 05, 08:27 PM
markf

not tha ti have any actuall advice as i'm still working on a 360, but
um, for a 540 do what you do for a 360, just do it faster and be ready
to land backwards.

also, word has it that dan heaton already nailed a 720.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old June 19th 05, 11:27 PM
Schmidty563

i can only do 360s off something a bit higher than a curb, how do u do
them off the ground? Just spin faster and keep practicing?

--
Schmidty563 - fearless unicyclist

dude, unicycling is awesome
Schmidty563's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9867

Old June 20th 05, 12:29 AM
darchibald

maestro8 wrote:
*Watch your mouth, young lad! Some people here have problems
freemounting or turning 90 degrees... I'm still working on the 270
(can't quite make 360 yet).

If the 360 is "no problem" why don't you post some videos of yourself
360ing down 5 stairs / over a fat gap... or off of / onto a skinny...
or into a pedalgrab / grind? Don't let your mouth write a check that
your a** can't cash! Eljest has posted some sweet street vids...
so we know he can walk the talk! *

Felix can also walk the talk. He has landed something like a 94 cm
sidehop, and put out a couple sweet trials videos a while back. Check
the website in his sig. And I'd also say the 360 is no problem, mine
aren't great the best but there seem to be a bunch of guys who can do
them.

For doing a 540 or higher I think you just practise them like a sidehop.
If you can jump 75 cm and you want to go higher, you practise till you
can jump higher. Think of spinning the same way.

David

--
darchibald - Street Unicyclist

' Album 481' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/album481) - My Gallery

"If it's any consolation, I hate your son, too." - JJuggle to s7evo.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Old June 20th 05, 12:45 AM
peter.bier

foxx wrote:
*are there any tips to do this awesome trick ?

*

Some advice you may find useful.

The first time I saw a 540 landed they landed it seat out in front. It
is worth knowing that people can land 540s either seat out in front or
to directly on the seat. You may find one easier than the other. Try
with 360s and see which you find easier.

Also if you are going to land on the seat remember to start with the
front of the saddle facing towards you.

As with the 360 it is probably worth practicing doing it from the ground
to being with rather than directly from the pedals

I learnt 360s without leg armour (bad idea). When working on 540s you
definately want leg armounr.

You may like to work on nailing 450s first, as a slightly easier trick
(land standing on the wheel)

--
peter.bier - Unicycle trasher

-Peter Bier

peter.bier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1506

Old June 20th 05, 12:45 AM
TonyMelton

What exactly do you mean by '360' and '540' Foxx? unispin or rotating in
the air sitting on the saddle?
I belive markf is referring to unispins while schmidty is talking about
rotating in the air sitting on the saddle.

540 and 720 unispins have been done before. Andy Schwarz of TCUC has
landed a 720 unispin (in One Wheel No Limit video), back in 2000 or
so.

As far as rotating in the air sitting on the saddle goes the biggest
I've seen is 360 degrees. Has anyone done a 450 or greater?

--
TonyMelton - Cloud 9

The way to a man's heart is through his veins.
TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118