3-wheeler for a heavy load?

Old July 15th 05, 04:27 AM
Sven Longren

Default 3-wheeler for a heavy load?

Anyone know of an industrial 3-wheel (or 4-wheeler) cycle that can stand up
to 750 pounds of cargo? Any options with electric assist? So far, the
adult trikes I find, even those called "industrial", have limits of 300 or
350 lbs.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. . . e-mail or reply on the board. . .

Old July 15th 05, 04:59 AM
Neil Brooks

"Sven Longren" wrote:

Anyone know of an industrial 3-wheel (or 4-wheeler) cycle that can stand up
to 750 pounds of cargo? Any options with electric assist? So far, the
adult trikes I find, even those called "industrial", have limits of 300 or
350 lbs.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. . . e-mail or reply on the board. . .

I would think you could ask somebody like Worksman if they can custom
fabricate or recommend....

http://www.worksman.com/mover.html

http://www.worksman.com/Newwork/Requ...ecialNeeds.htm

"To speak to a Worksman Customer Service Team Member, please call us
M-F 8:30-5 Eastern time at 800-962-BIKE (2453)"
Old July 15th 05, 05:25 AM
joshua

Sven Longren wrote:
Anyone know of an industrial 3-wheel (or 4-wheeler) cycle that can stand up
to 750 pounds of cargo? Any options with electric assist? So far, the
adult trikes I find, even those called "industrial", have limits of 300 or
350 lbs.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. . . e-mail or reply on the board. . .

try www.organicengines.com and checkout the S.U.V cargo trike. They
would probably work with you on customizing if that was desirable.

josh

Old July 15th 05, 05:54 AM
JeffWills

Sven Longren wrote:
Anyone know of an industrial 3-wheel (or 4-wheeler) cycle that can stand up
to 750 pounds of cargo? Any options with electric assist? So far, the
adult trikes I find, even those called "industrial", have limits of 300 or
350 lbs.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. . . e-mail or reply on the board. . .

I think that any cycle designed to carry that kind of load would be
extraordinarily heavy and overbuilt for "normal" riding. Would you
consider a trailer? (Ignoring questions about brakes and so forth.)
Richard Guy Briggs built a trailer to carry around a Hammond organ- a
total load of about 1000 pounds:
http://hpv.tricolour.net/organ-trailer.html .

Jeff

Old July 15th 05, 08:25 AM
meb

Sven Longren Wrote:
Anyone know of an industrial 3-wheel (or 4-wheeler) cycle that can stan
up
to 750 pounds of cargo? Any options with electric assist? So far
the
adult trikes I find, even those called "industrial", have limits of 30
or
350 lbs.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. . . e-mail or reply on the board. .
.

Would you settle for a 700 lb cargo capacity on a recumbent trike?

http://www.efn.org/~cat/html/trihaul.ht

--
meb

Old July 15th 05, 09:01 AM
meb

Sven Longren Wrote:
Anyone know of an industrial 3-wheel (or 4-wheeler) cycle that can stan
up
to 750 pounds of cargo? Any options with electric assist? So far
the
adult trikes I find, even those called "industrial", have limits of 30
or
350 lbs.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. . . e-mail or reply on the board. .
.

MotoBob on a trike might be a great way to get a electric assist on
trike:

http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/motobob.ht

--
meb

Old July 15th 05, 04:41 PM

is the 3-400 pound load limit defined by wheel parameters or frame
parameters? probabbbly the wheel parameter. search for heavy riders,
touring loads.
to go over 300 pounds-auto cartridge bearings(phil wood) and 40 spoke
tandem rims, 12 gauge spokes (there's an engineering arguement on this)
but that's in the bicycle category and bike equipment requires constant
inspection and maintenance procedures from this load level-
the retiree trikes i see in sw fla are flimsy-retiree-how much do
groceries weigh? how fragile are the owners?
i did see an older design with a differential and a stout frame. the
owner said it was rare and expensive. possibly made in wisconsin?

design another category- start with

Old July 15th 05, 06:33 PM
Werehatrack

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:27:10 -0700, "Sven Longren"
wrote:

Anyone know of an industrial 3-wheel (or 4-wheeler) cycle that can stand up
to 750 pounds of cargo? Any options with electric assist? So far, the
adult trikes I find, even those called "industrial", have limits of 300 or
350 lbs.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. . . e-mail or reply on the board. . .

They're common enough in Mexico City; perhaps a little cross-border
shopping is in order.

Also, try looking for a pedicab maker.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old July 15th 05, 07:07 PM

http://www.globalspec.com/

Old July 15th 05, 08:28 PM
Sven Longren

THIS IS IT!!! Thanks brother!

"meb" wrote in message

Sven Longren Wrote:
Anyone know of an industrial 3-wheel (or 4-wheeler) cycle that can stand
up
to 750 pounds of cargo? Any options with electric assist? So far,
the
adult trikes I find, even those called "industrial", have limits of 300
or
350 lbs.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. . . e-mail or reply on the board. .
.

Would you settle for a 700 lb cargo capacity on a recumbent trike?

http://www.efn.org/~cat/html/trihaul.htm

--
meb

The Basics of Wheel Alignment and Wheelbuilding Jeff Napier Techniques 338 August 23rd 04 09:17 PM
Street Bike Devlin UK 44 March 17th 04 11:28 AM
MA3 rim failure, where to now jt UK 481 October 10th 03 10:20 PM
MA3 rim failure, where to now B Techniques 258 October 10th 03 08:46 PM