Dick Pounder at it again!

Old July 3rd 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Dick Pounder at it again!

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/natio...g.html?ref=rss

Pound calls out cycling officials
WebPosted Sun, 02 Jul 2006 13:17:22 EDT
CBC Sports
The chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency had some harsh words for
the cycling world Sunday, urging authorities of the sport to take
tougher action against doping.

WADA chairman Dick Pound says the image of cycling and the Tour de
France is "in the toilet." (Canadian Press) Dick Pound said the image
of cycling and the Tour de France is "in the toilet."

"You've got to do something about it or the risk is that your sport
will be ignored by everybody, marginalized by others, and it won't be a
sport any more," he added.

How about this asshole actually challenges FIFA. They are asking for a
report in a week or two, after the finals.
Maybe we can have summary executions based on Pound's objective
judgement. Once again we have the Judge yelling, "They're all guilty!
They wouldn't be charged if they weren't! If they're in my court
they're going down! Innocents don't come here!"

Damn good thing this psycho, Jr. Grade Emporer can't give the death
penalty.
Let's see, J. Edgar Hoover, Torquemada, and Pound.
Great Icons in the history of justice!
Bill C

Old July 3rd 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

The Amazing thing is that this is ths SAME man who couldn't find one
single person who did anything wrong during the Salt Lake scandal, but
he KNOWS every cyclist, Team, and Official is dirty as hell!
I'm sure that at least one person here will have no problem
rationalizing that.
Bill C

Old July 3rd 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Also in the same article:
Last November, Pound made headlines when he slammed the National Hockey
League's drug policy. At the time, he stated as many as a third of the NHL's
700 players may be taking some kind of performance-enhancing drug. Also, the
IOC has called for an independent inquiry to help resolve the feud between
cycling star Lance Armstrong and Pound. In mid-June, Armstrong's eight-page
letter to IOC president Jacques Rogge sharply criticized Pound for trying to
keep alive the doping allegations against the seven-time Tour de France
champion.

Three questions come to mind:

1. Will Armstrong take the IOC up on it's offer to set up an independent
investigation?

2. Will Armstrong visit the Tour this year?

3. If he does visit, will he answer any questions from Paul Kimmage or David
Walsh?

Old July 3rd 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"B. Lafferty" wrote...

Three questions come to mind:

1. Will Armstrong take the IOC up on it's offer to set up an independent
investigation?

No. And neither would you.

2. Will Armstrong visit the Tour this year?

Not without Robin Williams.

3. If he does visit, will he answer any questions from Paul Kimmage or
David Walsh?

Who?

--
Snippy

Old July 3rd 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Also in the same article:
Last November, Pound made headlines when he slammed the National Hockey
League's drug policy. At the time, he stated as many as a third of the
NHL's 700 players may be taking some kind of performance-enhancing drug.
Also, the IOC has called for an independent inquiry to help resolve the
feud between cycling star Lance Armstrong and Pound. In mid-June,
Armstrong's eight-page letter to IOC president Jacques Rogge sharply
criticized Pound for trying to keep alive the doping allegations against
the seven-time Tour de France champion.

Three questions come to mind:

1. Will Armstrong take the IOC up on it's offer to set up an independent
investigation?

Why? Is he planning to ride the Olympics again? I thought he'd retired.

2. Will Armstrong visit the Tour this year?

Don't know. Presently the public answer is no, and the private answer is
that he's getting kinda tired of the controversy it would inevitably stir
up. But my guess is that, if Discovery is doing well, he'll make an
appearance.

3. If he does visit, will he answer any questions from Paul Kimmage or
David Walsh?

No; there's nothing either would ask that hasn't already been asked (and
answered). Just because people don't like the answers doesn't mean that
you're required to keep facing the same question over and over and over.

Regarding Dick Pound and Hockey, so he says a third of the players are on
drugs. Wouldn't that justify a full-court press on the issue? Just how few
sports might there be that *don't* have a drug problem? Cycling's but a tiny
spec in the grand scheme of things, yet Dick Pound just can't get enough of
it. What does it mean that cheating (forget drugs, let's just call it for
what it is, which is cheating) is so prevalent in sports? Heck, what does it
mean that cheating is so prevalent in schools and business?

Forget Dick Pound. We need Jimmy Carter!

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old July 3rd 06, 11:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

You and Dick Pound.

Peas in a pod.

I watch the postings, and agree with some of the things you say, then over
time, its all you say.
Then I watch to see hwo abuses you, and if that's clever, then after another
while, even that becomes boring.

Old July 3rd 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

mal wrote:
You and Dick Pound.

Peas in a pod.

I watch the postings, and agree with some of the things you say, then over
time, its all you say.
Then I watch to see hwo abuses you, and if that's clever, then after another
while, even that becomes boring.

Who are you addressing?

Old July 3rd 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

B. Lafferty wrote:

Three questions come to mind:

1. Will Armstrong take the IOC up on it's offer to set up an independent
investigation?

2. Will Armstrong visit the Tour this year?

3. If he does visit, will he answer any questions from Paul Kimmage or David
Walsh?

Funny how Kimmage never asked these important questions when he pulled
out his amphetamine-filled syringes during criterium season...or even
soon after he retired. He waited until he found a book publisher...and
even his book was notoriously vague with naming specific riders.