bike swerve

Old July 18th 17, 08:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default bike swerve

When I was younger and rode tandems with women, an argument always seemed to ensue, probably engendered by trying to merge two different riding styles.
Old July 18th 17, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 12:56:21 PM UTC-7, wrote:
When I was younger and rode tandems with women, an argument always seemed to ensue, probably engendered by trying to merge two different riding styles.

Thus, our pet name for the tandem -- the divorcycle. My wife was a racer and a strong climber, and I would push her up climbs, typically drag racing some friend on a single. One day, I pushed her too hard, so she just stopped trying -- on a pretty steep climb. I got the message. All the sudden its like I had 130lbs of panniers. At least she kept spinning her legs around. Tandems will do all sorts of things when the riders are out of sync.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old July 18th 17, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 5:02:44 PM UTC-4, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 12:56:21 PM UTC-7, wrote:
When I was younger and rode tandems with women, an argument always seemed to ensue, probably engendered by trying to merge two different riding styles.

Thus, our pet name for the tandem -- the divorcycle. My wife was a racer and a strong climber, and I would push her up climbs, typically drag racing some friend on a single. One day, I pushed her too hard, so she just stopped trying -- on a pretty steep climb. I got the message. All the sudden its like I had 130lbs of panniers. At least she kept spinning her legs around.. Tandems will do all sorts of things when the riders are out of sync.

-- Jay Beattie.

I doahn get much grip on class 3 rapids but flat out runs down the mtn are acceptable.....I figure its the enclosure and lack of demand to control...passivity rules