5 pallets, want higher

Old May 18th 05, 01:26 PM
DarkTom

Nice jump, man!

Nice dogs too, man! The Alsation looks into unicycles but the other one
(sorry, don't know what kind it is) looks a bit bored of them. Cool
dogs anyway!

So what if he doesn't wear a helmet? It's his head!

If you want to wear one, cool. But don't be all preachy about it.

T.

--
DarkTom - Getting the hang of still-stands!

Interesting/Annoying Comment/Quote
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

Old May 18th 05, 03:06 PM
BoojiBoy

Caw, you said yourself that you get concussions during stupid stuff like
falling off your bed. I think half the unicycling injuries are during
easy small stunts.

I was at Acadia National Park last week and hopping the granite blocks
by the parking lot of the visitor's center, they were only 20" or so. I
landed a hop but lost my balance and fell backwards right onto my back.
My helmet kept me from smashing my head on the sidewalk.

A fall from 5 pallets could be very painful. It's just enough height to
fall backwards and land on your head. You're a good rider. I like your
form. Think about a helmet though.

--
BoojiBoy - Punk Rock Rider

www.skawabunga.com
www.purevolume.com/skawabunga
www.epluribusfunk.tk
gallery.unicyclist.com/epluribusfunk
BoojiBoy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3923

Old May 18th 05, 05:11 PM
zach_jucha

bevans a nerd which is why he wants to protect his precious brain.
brains are for losers, don't listen. booooooo.

oh and in answer to your question, you definitely need more air. perhaps
some nike airs would help..? practice slam dunking first.

--
zach_jucha - emulating dan heaton since 2002

-Don't ask me why I said it, because I already forgot.-

- Homestar

me: unicyclist forums
me: what are they not good for
alex: Serious, well thought out discussion?
me: exactly
zach_jucha's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4072

Old May 18th 05, 06:57 PM
Checkernuts

Personally I find if you throw the seat forward a bit when you hop you
can get some extra height. Basically instead of just pulling the seat
vertical in the air and stopping when it gets close to your chest you
can tuck a bit more if you throw your hand forward as you pull up. If
you watch video of most guys hopping 60cm+ you will see that most do
this one way or the other. Its a bit odd to think about when your doing
it but it works.

(Just landed a 68cm (bit more than 26") sidehop today, looking to find
something around 70cm to work on now)

--
Checkernuts - Breakdancer Extraordinar

No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20

Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old August 19th 05, 08:36 PM
vanman2004

Default 5 pallets, want higher

I've also found that building leg strength through sports other than uni
helps a lot. For example, I just got back from a 12 day bike trip, which
really built up my thigh muscles. After a couple practice hops to get
the feel for the uni again, I had added 3" to my hop easily.

(note: I was using clipless pedals, so I worked both of my thigh muscles
{push/pull, or whatever}. If you're using regular pedals, the results
may be different.)

--
vanman2004 - ...
vanman2004's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9184

Training for higher cadence Sheldon Brown Techniques 76 August 16th 04 10:10 PM
Calorie Estimates.... LaoFuZhi UK 59 July 26th 04 07:17 PM
Advantages of Higher and Lower Gears? Elisa Francesca Roselli General 21 April 3rd 04 06:13 AM
Higher cadence? joona Unicycling 20 December 2nd 03 11:03 AM
Where could I find Pallets? sabin_a. Unicycling 9 November 3rd 03 09:04 PM