cop stories

Old May 9th 05, 02:52 AM
DK

Dang police are el blanco diablo....
I have some good cop stories, but they are too long to write.

--
DK - that crack rocksteady beat

-Hunter-
-Originally posted by TheObieOne3226-
*Time to sex up your mothers! *

DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054

Old May 9th 05, 04:00 AM
Denali

1.) 3a.m., middle of nowhere...The ride was unplanned...I had no lights,
no helmet and was dressed in black...I get stopped by the cops who asked
what I was doing at this ungodly hour..I said I was riding back home ( a
long way off)....They saw the uni and gave me a "you're crazy" look and
sped off......

2.) Last week....Riding in broad daylight this time...The cops pull me
over and are very friendly...Ask why?how?is it tough?Dangerous?...Tell
me to be careful and just before I leave, they take down my
indentification number (in case somebody reports a vandal on 1
wheel)......

--
Denali - Heil Denali
Denali's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9085

Old May 9th 05, 04:12 AM
leo

DK wrote:
*Dang police are el blanco diablo....*

...untill you -for whatever reason- are in need of them, or start
realize law enforcement is not their only task.

Most police-(wo/)men like to do something for someone else, and prefer
to make a living out of that, in stead of making a living of selling
drugs to kids.
And yes, many of them have an anoying pride of having their priveleges
and 'power-tools' (http://tinyurl.com/7bo8u)... and unicycles are odd
and so atract attention.
But why respond primitive and childish 'like this'
(http://unicyclist.org/cont/play.cfm?pi=w320240badcop)
BUT MOST POLICE ARE HUMAN:
pics found here on unicyclist.com

| Attachment filename: police.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/309406|

leo - unicyclist

Leo Vandewoestijne
'+1 866-UNI-CYCL' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

'Subscribe' (http://unicyclist.org/blog/rss2.xml) to 'unicyclist.org'
(http://unicyclist.org/)!
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

Old May 9th 05, 04:39 AM
James_Potter

several times the cops have told us to go away and stop jumping on the
benches. one time they also told us that if we stepped on and/or killed
the flowers in the garden, the U of I could sue us. stupid pansies.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old May 13th 05, 10:48 PM
Nepsis

There was the time here at K-State that the lady cop came out looking
for the skaters that someone had complained about. She reckoned we
weren't them (as our wheelerson ratio was 1:1 rather than 4:1), smiled
flirtatiously and left us to our graffiti.

--
Nepsis - ElCapitan
Nepsis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9943

Old May 13th 05, 10:54 PM
Nepsis

BTW, I think cops on Cokers is a great idea. I mean...those big bad
bicycle cops are so threatening...cops on one wheel would have a much
more pleasant reception amidst the community.

Old May 15th 05, 11:41 AM
billblogs

The local cop unofficially escorting us at the Chiltern Muniuni. Albert
thought the road was closed when it wasn't, and spent some time on the
wrong side of the road.

As this was unoficial, he didn't want pics of the car following.

| Attachment filename: muniuni 05 street parade group 1.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/311895|

billblogs

Muniuni
Think big, start small
billblogs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9196

Old May 15th 05, 11:45 PM
al_lieffring

How many of you have on of these???
it cost me 35 bucks

Al

| Attachment filename: traffic citation.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/312092|

al_lieffring's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2053

Old May 16th 05, 12:21 AM
KcTheAcy

al_lieffring wrote:
*How many of you have on of these???
it cost me 35 bucks

Al *

What did you do?

--
KcTheAcy - Ohh Baby

¤-Kaycee
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Kaycees-Unicycle-gallery

http://www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com/
KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

Old May 16th 05, 04:09 AM
dogbowl

I've never had any uni-related problems with the police. Maybe all of
the ones I've encountered while riding my unicycle on the sidewalk had
more urgent or pressing things to worry about than me riding past them
on the one-wheel.

Some cops are cool, some cops are bone-heads. Like every single other
profession on the planet, divided between the smart and the dumb. I
think it would be a silly thing to give a guy like me a ticket for
riding his unicycle on the sidewalk, but from the officers perspective,
he might have a very good reason that I simply could not imagine, but he
has the shield nevertheless and the options around it are not
plentiful...Luckily, it has never happened.

I definetly like the idea of cops on cokers. Sort of like cops on
horses, except that they would certainly understand the unicycle
thing...

--
dogbowl - rides a 26", but dreams of a coker!

All I want out of life is to be able to ride the unicycle while smoking
a cigar at the same time. Is that too much to ask for?
www.dogbowl.com / www.eyeballplanet.com
I USE LINUX--I LIKE LINUX!!!!!!!!

dogbowl's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6629

Two stories from the NE (of England) Colin Blackburn UK 0 February 18th 05 09:36 AM
Any horror stories out there related to integrated headsets? Basjan Techniques 8 October 24th 04 12:48 AM
More LBS stories tcmedara Mountain Biking 36 June 12th 04 03:00 AM
clipless horror stories Gary General 30 April 26th 04 02:15 PM
Top 5 Stories Stage 7 Ken Papai Racing 1 July 13th 03 05:45 AM