5 pallets, want higher

Old May 14th 05, 08:10 PM
caw89

Default 5 pallets, want higher

Ok, i can steadly jump up 5 pallets, i might be able to do 6, I was
wondering if anyone who can jump higher can look at this clip and tell
me if im doin anything wrong or need to do better. It may not look it
but its 25in, wierd camera angle.

'5 pallets' (http://tinyurl.com/7376h)

--
caw89 - Cody

'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)

'sixsixone' (http://sixsixone.com/)

AIM: unicaw89
caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

Old May 14th 05, 11:29 PM
gerblefranklin

A: Wear a helmet.

B: Practice, maybe only have 1-2" increases in height, rather than 5-6".
It looks like you could've cleared 26 or 27" witht hat hop.

C: Tuck more.

D: Wear a frickin' helmet.

E: Get a trials uni.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Nick's main man.

"The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

Old May 14th 05, 11:31 PM
markf

F. stop using .mov for clips

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old May 15th 05, 12:07 AM
General Dibbles

i don't think wearing a helmet would help him jump higher

--
General Dibbles - commadore

General Dibbles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8108

Old May 15th 05, 12:51 AM
James_Potter

General Dibbles wrote:
*i don't think wearing a helmet would help him jump higher *

I don't think that's gerble's -point-. The point is you should wear a
helmet.

But anyway.

Instead of gaining height pallet by pallet, try putting a 2x4 on the
edge of the stack of pallets, to only add 1.5 inches. then when you can
get that, add another 2x4. do that until the 2x4's add up to the height
of another pallet, and you can just put another pallet on there and
continue with 2x4's after that.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old May 15th 05, 02:24 AM
forrestunifreak

James_Potter wrote:
*
Instead of gaining height pallet by pallet, try putting a 2x4 on the
edge of the stack of pallets, to only add 1.5 inches. then when you
can get that, add another 2x4. do that until the 2x4's add up to the
height of another pallet, and you can just put another pallet on there
and continue with 2x4's after that. *

EXACTLY.

Even 1X4's if you have to.

--
forrestunifreak - Mr. addict/team YAMS member

"You do not make the unicycle-the unicycle makes you."

~Y.C. tv

'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)

Old May 15th 05, 03:30 AM
caw89

1. I hate helmets.
2. I didnt tuck too much cause well, its not that high.
3. when i up and use 2x4s they tend roll on my, that sucks
4. thanks for hte imput

I was more wondering if you could see if i was doing anything wrong...

Edit: ohh about hte mov. files, my still camera and my friends still
takes clips and makes em in that format, and the good camera was at his
house.

Old May 15th 05, 03:46 AM
General Dibbles

James_Potter wrote:
*I don't think that's gerble's -point-. The point is you should wear a
helmet.
*

ok, but the question wasn't ' how do i protect my head?' it was how do i
jump higher?

Old May 15th 05, 04:24 AM
James_Potter

General Dibbles wrote:
*ok, but the question wasn't ' how do i protect my head?' it was how
do i jump higher? *

Yeah, but helmets are IMPORTANT in unicycling. VERY important. They're
important in many sports, unicycling included. Gerble was trying to be
helpful is all.... If he hadn't mentioned it yet, I would have.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old May 15th 05, 04:40 AM
darchibald

caw89 wrote:
*1. I hate helmets.*

Thats just stupid but I won't bother.

*
2. I didnt tuck too much cause well, its not that high.*

I think that shows pretty clearly what your problem is. Tuck more to get
higher. Not to difficult.

*3. when i up and use 2x4s they tend roll on my, that sucks*

Put them under your pallets, same height but they don't roll.

Basically its just practise, practise, practise. I raised my hop 6" in a
few weeks by just practising. If all these quote things work I'll be
happy.

Good Luck,
David

*4. thanks for hte imput*

You're welcome.

--
darchibald - Street Unicyclist

' Album 481' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/album481) - My Gallery

"Wow thats awfully good for someone who has no legs or whatever happened
to you" ~ MERCYME to Evan Byrne.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Training for higher cadence Sheldon Brown Techniques 76 August 16th 04 10:10 PM
Calorie Estimates.... LaoFuZhi UK 59 July 26th 04 07:17 PM
Advantages of Higher and Lower Gears? Elisa Francesca Roselli General 21 April 3rd 04 06:13 AM
Higher cadence? joona Unicycling 20 December 2nd 03 11:03 AM
Where could I find Pallets? sabin_a. Unicycling 9 November 3rd 03 09:04 PM