Taking your Unicycle with you - air travel

Old August 19th 05, 01:31 AM
Chrashing

Default Taking your Unicycle with you - air travel

Wondering if I removed the pedals, strapped a child car seat just above
the wheel and called it a baby carriage, if I'd get on the plane with
it?

--
Chrashing - Unicycles are flying machines!

Regards,
Ken
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

Old August 19th 05, 04:55 AM
tomblackwood

For my 24" muni, I use the largest "rolling" duffel bag that Samsonite /
American Tourister make. With pedals and seat removed, it fits just
fine, with lots of room left over for my helmet, pads, riding cloths. I
usually use my elbow pads or leg armor underneath to protect crank at
the hub.

When asked what's in there (about 25% of the time so far), I answer
"sports equipment" (thanks for the tip J. Foss). Have never had an
issue, and the rollers make for quicker transport through the airport.

I'm hoping one day Nathan might share the "pattern" he uses to produce
those COOL 36" coker wheel bags. I want one of those so I'm not trying
to check my giant U-Turn cardboard box in at the airport.

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

Tailgate at your own risk.....

"By George! The man's a genius!"
Murde Mental

Old August 20th 05, 01:19 AM
unign

I had this same question. After seeing a guy bring his long board
(which was extremely long), that you could probably bring it as carry
on, as for bike fees, would there be one for carry on? Because my Monty
could fit in the overhead compartment, I'm sure if you avoid the mean
looking airport personnal you'll be fine with the fees. With a Coker, I
think that the fees would be pretty much impossible to get around.

--
unign - Rapidly approaching level 4
unign's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10305

Old August 20th 05, 10:31 AM
maxisbackintown

Air travel is ssoooooo easy if u compare it to BUSING with ur uni its a
pain in the Ass! lolll

--
maxisbackintown - timmmyyy

yeah
maxisbackintown's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9909

Unicycle Song dogbowl Unicycling 18 November 2nd 06 12:57 PM
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...) JJuggle Unicycling 0 July 28th 05 04:23 PM
Unicycle articles (but wait there's more...) JJuggle Unicycling 0 July 21st 05 03:54 PM
300 foot Unicycle MERCYME Unicycling 31 April 25th 05 01:32 AM