It's like a jungle out there for bike riders

Old April 26th 08, 09:06 PM posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking
Gunner Asch[_2_]

Default It's like a jungle out there for bike riders

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:40:33 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana
wrote:

On Apr 25, 1:17*pm, Gunner wrote:
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:19:27 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana

wrote:
*Riding a bike is good for the environment, great for peace, and
excellent for your health. We need facilities, though, like BIKE LANES
to be safe.

Yes Indeed.

Btw..we managed to successfully avoid the democracy trap here in the
US, fortunately the Founders realized how dangerous a democracy is,
and gave us a constitutional republic.

I just have a problem with the language "by the people and for the
people..."

I wonder what the type of democracy they are exporting to Iraq... ???

If you paid attention to the news, you would know they are exporting a
consitutional republic as well. Its the only thing that actually
works.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old April 27th 08, 04:04 PM posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking
ComandanteBanana

On Apr 26, 4:03*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 10:36:43 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana

wrote:
On Apr 25, 1:02*pm, Gunner wrote:
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:19:27 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana

wrote:
So it is that cyclists must stay in
constant alert for predators, like the monkeys of the jungle.

Monkeys are well known for throwing **** at passers by and making lots
of noise.

Perhaps that explains some of the posts from bike riders?

Perhaps yall may now have some grasp of the thinking of a longtailed
cat, in a room full of rocking chairs?

Gunner

The monkeys --sorry the cyclists-- you are talking about are the ones
in lycra. They are much noiser than the commuter type. And don't eat
peanuts.

True indeed *Most commuter types are interested in surviving to make
it home, or to work.

Its the lycra'd "purists" and endorphine addicts that are the biggest
problem. *Those and the homeless drunks/druggies that have to resort
to a second hand store Huffy to make their rounds as they lost their
DLs years ago.

Hum...sometimes its hard to tell them apart, but for the clothing.

I'm in another forum (Dahon foldables) where, I assure you, their
members are civilized people.

But the Huffy type ride mostly the sidewalks and back alleys. It's the
lycra types that give a bad name to cycling.