the cl-ick is driving me crazy!`

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 2nd 05, 10:54 PM
Pat

Default the cl-ick is driving me crazy!`

Last summer, I knew that my Look pedals had a bad bearing. So, when I
started hearing the cl-ick every time my right leg was fully extended, I
assumed it was the darned pedal. I decided to try Speedplay Zeros. Imagine
my surprise when I put the new pedals on and the cl-ick didn't go away!

So, then, I tightened the seat post bolt. I tightened the saddle bolt. I
tightened the pedals and the cleats on my shoes. Still the cl-ick with every
revolution. It doesn't make the noise when I put the bike on a stand.

Today, I rode a 100K with that annoying click. I tried some experiments on
the way. If I didn't have my right foot in the pedal, I didn't get the
cl-ick sound. If I coasted, I didn't get the cl-ick sound. If I stood up and
pedaled, I didn't get the cl-ick sound.

Could it be the bottom bracket? I guess I'll get the tools and take it apart
and have a look. My hunch is that it is the saddle, somehow...like maybe one
of the rails is moving. It's a Terry Liberator Y, for what that's worth. The
rails seem tight.

Has anyone had this problem and figured it out or do I just have to live
with it?

Pat in TX

New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Torygraph argues that driving crime is not real crime... Howard UK 356 September 1st 04 03:16 AM
Driving standards Tom UK 20 February 11th 04 12:36 AM
This is what driving does to ppl? ( If everyone would just get the hell out of my way!) Tom Keats General 0 January 20th 04 08:32 AM
Vimw unilaur Unicycling 1 August 16th 03 12:07 PM