Need Cleats 4 Older 105 Triangular Shaped Pedals

Old August 9th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Need Cleats 4 Older 105 Triangular Shaped Pedals

Hi there.

I need a pair of cleats that will fit the older Shimano 105, N-600 and
or Dura Ace triangular shaped pedals, Does any one know where I can
get these? They look very similar to the original Look clipless
pedals.

I do not want to go the Ebay route.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers from Peter

Old August 9th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kurd

"Sir Ridesalot" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi there.

I need a pair of cleats that will fit the older Shimano 105, N-600 and
or Dura Ace triangular shaped pedals, Does any one know where I can
get these? They look very similar to the original Look clipless
pedals.

I do not want to go the Ebay route.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers from Peter

Maybe I am missing something, but I thought the "Made in France" Shimano
pedals used actual Look (Arc) cleats?

Old August 9th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Aug 8, 10:48 pm, "Kurd" wrote:
"Sir Ridesalot" wrote in message

ps.com...

Hi there.

I need a pair of cleats that will fit the older Shimano 105, N-600 and
or Dura Ace triangular shaped pedals, Does any one know where I can
get these? They look very similar to the original Look clipless
pedals.

I do not want to go the Ebay route.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers from Peter

Maybe I am missing something, but I thought the "Made in France" Shimano
pedals used actual Look (Arc) cleats?

The cleats from both my older Look and newer Wellgo pedals do not have
the slot in the rear of the cleat that engages the pedal cage.

Cheers from Peter

Old August 9th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Dacey

"Vetera semper in laude, presentia in fastidio." - Tacitus

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:27:46 -0700, Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

I need a pair of cleats that will fit the older Shimano 105, N-600 and
or Dura Ace triangular shaped pedals, Does any one know where I can
get these? They look very similar to the original Look clipless
pedals.

I stock the Shimano PD-64 cleats to which I believe you're referring.
See the picture and description at the bottom of this page:
http://www.businesscycles.com/tped-shim.htm
Follow the link under the photo for pricing and ordering information.
Thanks -
-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Since 1983
Our catalog of track equipment: online since 1996
Phone: 305-273-4440
Old August 9th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I need a pair of cleats that will fit the older Shimano 105, N-600 and
or Dura Ace triangular shaped pedals, Does any one know where I can
get these? They look very similar to the original Look clipless
pedals.
I do not want to go the Ebay route.

Does your pedal body say "Made in France by Look"? (Shimano, Mavic and
Campagnolo sold rebadged Looks for years)

Classic Look Delta cleat hasn't changed since 1984 or so. - any
competent LBS will have both regular and 'arc' floating cleat sets.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old August 9th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Kinky Cowboy

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 20:16:20 -0700, Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Aug 8, 10:48 pm, "Kurd" wrote:
"Sir Ridesalot" wrote in message

ps.com...

Hi there.

I need a pair of cleats that will fit the older Shimano 105, N-600 and
or Dura Ace triangular shaped pedals, Does any one know where I can
get these? They look very similar to the original Look clipless
pedals.

Maybe I am missing something, but I thought the "Made in France" Shimano
pedals used actual Look (Arc) cleats?

The cleats from both my older Look and newer Wellgo pedals do not have
the slot in the rear of the cleat that engages the pedal cage.

Are you talking about a clipless pedal (i.e. a rebadged Look) or the
platform pedal with clips and straps? If the latter, ordinary Sidi
nylon slotted cleats (and doubtless any traditional cleat from other
manufacturers) work just fine, although the obviously don't engage at
the front the way the Shimano originals do.

Kinky Cowboy*

*Batteries not included
May contain traces of nuts
Your milage may vary

Old August 9th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:
I need a pair of cleats that will fit the older Shimano 105, N-600 and
or Dura Ace triangular shaped pedals, Does any one know where I can
get these? They look very similar to the original Look clipless
pedals.

I stock the Shimano PD-64 cleats to which I believe you're referring.
See the picture and description at the bottom of this page:
http://www.businesscycles.com/tped-shim.htm
Follow the link under the photo for pricing and ordering information.
Thanks -
-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Since 1983
Our catalog of track equipment: online since 1996
Phone: 305-273-4440http://www.businesscycles.com
-------------------------------

Thank you.

Wow! $49.95 US per pair of cleats. I did not realize the cleats would
be twice the price of the Look clipless cleats.

Maybe I will just go back to using quill style pedals.

Cheers from Peter

Old August 9th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Aug 9, 12:05 am, A Muzi wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I need a pair of cleats that will fit the older Shimano 105, N-600 and
or Dura Ace triangular shaped pedals, Does any one know where I can
get these? They look very similar to the original Look clipless
pedals.
I do not want to go the Ebay route.

Does your pedal body say "Made in France by Look"? (Shimano, Mavic and
Campagnolo sold rebadged Looks for years)

Classic Look Delta cleat hasn't changed since 1984 or so. - any
competent LBS will have both regular and 'arc' floating cleat sets.

--
Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Hi Andrew.

They are not clipless pedals. They are identical to these ones sold at
Business Cycles. http://www.flickr.com/photos/73832500@N00/1062262081/

I would like to find less expensive cleats. For the price of those
cleats I could buy a pair of decent Wellgo Clipless Pedals incliding
the cleats at the local bicycle shop.

After a couple of years and a number of falls because I could not
unclip in time because the leg was not in a proper position (ie: too
high = at the top of the pedal stroke) I decided to re-attach my
pedals that have toe clips and toe straps.

Cheers from Peter

Old August 9th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:
On Aug 8, 10:48 pm, "Kurd" wrote:
"Sir Ridesalot" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

Your milage may vary- Hide quoted text -

Hi there.

No I am not talking about clipless pedals.

Where can I get traditional cleats for a pair of old Adidas Eddy
Merckx cycling shoes circa 1984? All the shops near me say such cleats
are not available any more.

If I can get those cleats I'd revert to quill pedals, toeclips and
toestraps.

Thanks from Peter

Old August 9th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

"Kurd" wrote:
Maybe I am missing something, but I thought the "Made in France" Shimano
pedals used actual Look (Arc) cleats?

Sir Ridesalot wrote

Sir Ridesalot wrote:
No I am not talking about clipless pedals.
Where can I get traditional cleats for a pair of old Adidas Eddy
Merckx cycling shoes circa 1984? All the shops near me say such cleats
are not available any more.
If I can get those cleats I'd revert to quill pedals, toeclips and
toestraps.

I believe John Dacey has the original 1984 Shimano slotted style cleats
at around $50. We have copies at $29.95.