Anyone in the US seen the Alfine/ Nexus8 'oil bath' kit for sale?

Old December 29th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Anyone in the US seen the Alfine/ Nexus8 'oil bath' kit for sale?

As seen he
http://www.hubstripping.com/shimano-...s-oil-bath.jpg

Sure makes overhauling the hub look easy. None of my LBS, even one
that sells almost nothing but nexus hub bikes, can get it.
Old December 29th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

wrote:
As seen he
http://www.hubstripping.com/shimano-...s-oil-bath.jpg
Sure makes overhauling the hub look easy. None of my LBS, even one
that sells almost nothing but nexus hub bikes, can get it.

Are you suggesting that the Official Shimano Nexus Lubricant Plastic
Container is a requirement for lubricating a gearbox?
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old December 29th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Earls61

On Dec 28, 8:08*pm, wrote:
*As seen he
*http://www.hubstripping.com/shimano-...s-oil-bath.jpg

Sure makes overhauling the hub look easy. None of my LBS, even one
that sells almost nothing but nexus hub bikes, can get it.

Dipping a gear hub in a tub of oil is an overhaul?
Old December 29th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Dec 28, 7:02*pm, A Muzi wrote:

Are you suggesting that the Official Shimano Nexus Lubricant Plastic
Container is a requirement for lubricating a gearbox?
--
Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I can supply the cup myself. It is the oil that I want (since the
conventional wisdom is that using anything other than shimano-approved
lubricants will kill your hub), and only the grease is available here
in the US.
Old December 30th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

wrote:
I can supply the cup myself. It is the oil that I want (since the
conventional wisdom is that using anything other than shimano-approved
lubricants will kill your hub), and only the grease is available here
in the US.

Right. Shimano planned ahead 50 million years ago and pressed special
Shimano dinosaurs to make their special Shimano gearbox oil.

Alfine OLD? Andrew Martin Techniques 0 November 12th 07 09:28 PM
Shimano Alfine 8 Internal Rear Hub - Reliability? Durability? Functionality? Fitz Techniques 57 October 10th 07 10:30 PM
Shimano Alfine Tosspot UK 3 February 6th 07 11:21 AM
Shimano Alfine Tosspot Techniques 0 February 6th 07 09:36 AM
Shimano Alfine. First impressions. Dan Burkhart Techniques 6 November 10th 06 09:34 PM