Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking (Modified and Expanded)

Old March 7th 04, 06:03 PM
John Morgan

Default Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking (Modified and Expanded)

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking
Michael Vandeman, Ph.D.
March 5, 2004

[...]

I am in awe. It makes so much sense now! I am converted... no more
mountain biking for me. Thanks for the FAQ Michael.

-John Morgan

Old March 7th 04, 06:13 PM
Andy Chequer

I am in awe. It makes so much sense now! I am converted... no more
mountain biking for me. Thanks for the FAQ Michael.

-John Morgan

The old one just wasn't long winded and incoherent enough. Nice to see it
fixed.

Andy Chequer

Old March 7th 04, 09:29 PM
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 10:03:51 -0700, "John Morgan"
wrote:

.."Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
. ..
.. Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking
.. Michael Vandeman, Ph.D.
.. March 5, 2004
..
..[...]
..
..I am in awe. It makes so much sense now! I am converted... no more
..mountain biking for me. Thanks for the FAQ Michael.

You're welcome. Thanks for being so honest.

..-John Morgan
..

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old March 8th 04, 01:30 AM
Greg-O

[IMG]http://www.ljuhome.com/images/own3d/owned-dogass.JPG[/IMG

-

Old March 8th 04, 07:45 AM
ManitouSHX

God I can't believe I'm even going to allow myself to get sucked int
this ridiculous situation. I'm not going to entertain you wit
what I will say. You want to know something Vandeman? Read my lips, we-don't-all-want-to-be
Hikers. You said that people who's high point is riding theire bik
must be leading to a pretty dull life; I think your life must be prett
dull if all you can do is sit around and make up these stupi
assertions about a group of people who love to be in the forest as muc
as you do and have every right to bring their bike w/ them as much a
you have take your boots, and a horseback rider to take is horse (tha
I might add weighs ten times that of bike and rider). And on a persona
experience note, I've seen some trails pretty ravaged from Horse hoove
that have done severe damage, but I don't hear you complaining abou
them, and neither am I. They have a right to be there as much as you
and I do. Oh, and on the issue of Mt. Biking teaching children ba
wilderness etiquette....I'll have you know that my parents (both bein
Mt. Bikers) and everyone I have ever riden with in has always stresse
the values of treading lightly to preserve our trails and forest. Thus
I have stressed it as well. I think you're making hasty generalization
about Mt. Bikers as a whole, based on the standards of a few negativ
representations of etiquette lacking riders. There are bad eggs i
every group, be it cycling, hiking, or equestrian. That's about all I'
going to say to you and your Hateful Old Hiker Assocation. At length,
could right several pages to answer all of your aforemetione
assertions, but I'm not going to waste my time arguing with someone wh
is as stubborn as you and has no wish to see otherwise, then that o
his own view. Nor am I going to try and tell you hikers have any mor
or less right to be there. As I said, everybody has a fair right an
privalege to our beautiful forests. If you ask me, cyclists, hikers an
equestrians alike should be pooling their time, energy, and intelec
together as wilderness lovers alike to solve more pressing issue
destroying the forest, and work out our differences for the better o
all. I mean c'mon, most of us are all there for our common love of th
great outdoors

-

Old March 9th 04, 08:45 AM
ManitouSHX

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 06:45:27 GMT, ManitouSHX usenet-
wrote:
..
I DO listen. That's why know so much about mountain biking.

You know absolutely nothing about Mt. Biking Vandeman. I've seen th
picture on your site depicting Mt. Biking. What a poor representation
You dig for the worst things that you can find. That's not what eve
half of the riders look like when they're riding. You're washed up i
all your pursuits. So this is the high point of your career is it? Yo
insult me. You're an insult to every other rider here, and even to man
hikers and other outdoor enthusiasts that I know. You have no respec
for me (or people like me) and what I love to do. Thus, I hav
absolutely no respect for you. You can continue to post your mislea
grievences here for everyone to read, but you'll never sway anyone. W
don't care about you or your complaints. Just read the other comment
from other readers. We love what we do, and we'll never quit. You've no
influenced any of my thinking. Your assertsions and backup evidence ar
so outrageous that it is comical. What a joke. I'm done wasting my tim
with you. You bore me with you monotonous droning about the doom of th
earth that is Mt. Biking. Good luck to you Dr. Vandeman. Go and do wit
your life as you please. I will continue with mine; riding, riding
riding, riding.....

-

Old March 13th 04, 05:39 PM
Stephen Baker

MV blabbers:

The fact that mountain bikers don't like me is one of my best credentials. It
proves I am on the right track.

No, it just proves that mountain bikers are just like the rest of the
population. No-one likes you.