Update of "Adding Water Bottle Cages to Bicycles without Braze-Ons"Web Site

Old October 26th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Default Update of "Adding Water Bottle Cages to Bicycles without Braze-Ons"Web Site

I was amused to see my old web site on adding water bottles to frames
without braze-ons, being discussed in the Brompton Yahoo Group, with a
statement that there were some products left out (it was last updated in
2002).

So I've updated the site as of today, thinking that five years has been
long enough!

It's at "http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/".

Hopefully others will find this information helpful as well.

If I've missed any products then please let me know and I will add them
to the site.

Steve
Old October 26th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Oct 26, 1:14 am, SMS wrote:
I was amused to see my old web site on adding water bottles to frames
without braze-ons, being discussed in the Brompton Yahoo Group, with a
statement that there were some products left out (it was last updated in
2002).

So I've updated the site as of today, thinking that five years has been
long enough!

It's at "http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/".

Hopefully others will find this information helpful as well.

If I've missed any products then please let me know and I will add them
to the site.

Sorry, but not enough T&A to hold my interest like the racks page. You
need to add some hotties thirstily sucking on water bottles and
letting the pwraide run down their cleavage and stuff.

Old October 26th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

"SMS" wrote in message
I was amused to see my old web site on adding water bottles to frames
without braze-ons, being discussed in the Brompton Yahoo Group, with a
statement that there were some products left out (it was last updated in
2002).

So I've updated the site as of today, thinking that five years has been
long enough!

It's at "http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/".

Hopefully others will find this information helpful as well.

If I've missed any products then please let me know and I will add them to
the site.

Steve

Steve: I was looking over your (excellent) coffee-carrying pages again, and,
unfortunately, what's lacking is beginning to become painfully obvious. Very
few people visit Starbucks or Peets or whatever with their own mug. There's
a certain bizarre appeal to having your coffee in that silly,
brand-identifiable paper cup. I do not understand why this is; perhaps much
of it is simply convenience (not having something to clean). Whatever the
case, someone should make a politically-incorrect coffee cup holder that
works with a standard paper coffee cup. Yuck, but better than not having it
at all, if it would encourage people to ride down the street to the closest
Starbucks or whatever rather than drive.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old October 26th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Oct 26, 11:30 am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
"SMS" wrote in message

[...]

http://www.jbeezwatercraft.com/store/images/11672.jpg

Gimbal mount solves many problems!

Old October 26th 07, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
SMS 斯蒂文• 夏

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

Steve: I was looking over your (excellent) coffee-carrying pages again, and,
unfortunately, what's lacking is beginning to become painfully obvious. Very
few people visit Starbucks or Peets or whatever with their own mug. There's
a certain bizarre appeal to having your coffee in that silly,
brand-identifiable paper cup. I do not understand why this is; perhaps much
of it is simply convenience (not having something to clean). Whatever the
case, someone should make a politically-incorrect coffee cup holder that
works with a standard paper coffee cup. Yuck, but better than not having it
at all, if it would encourage people to ride down the street to the closest
Starbucks or whatever rather than drive.

But there are some on the site.
"http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000AO7EQ4/sanfrancisc0b-20"
"http://store.nycewheels.com/bottle-holder-bar-mount.html"

The problem is that on a regular cup, when you go over bumps, coffee is
ejected out the sipping hole.

Isn't it great that your Los Altos shop has both a Peet's and a
Starbucks essentially in the same shopping center (though the Starbucks
is actually in Cupertino). Having Carvel next door is also good, though
they don't have Lollapaloozas.
Old October 26th 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
A Muzi

SMS 斯蒂文• 夏 wrote:
But there are some on the site.
"http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000AO7EQ4/sanfrancisc0b-20"
"http://store.nycewheels.com/bottle-holder-bar-mount.html"
The problem is that on a regular cup, when you go over bumps, coffee is
ejected out the sipping hole.
Isn't it great that your Los Altos shop has both a Peet's and a
Starbucks essentially in the same shopping center (though the Starbucks
is actually in Cupertino). Having Carvel next door is also good, though
they don't have Lollapaloozas.

Coffee shops are not 'like flies' They are like locusts:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&view...rt=0&z=14&om=1
197 within a mile, over a dozen within two blocks of here.
As Sky Yaeger says, "Beans from a 3d world country with tap water-
that'll be two bucks please"
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old October 26th 07, 08:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

The problem is that on a regular cup, when you go over bumps, coffee is
ejected out the sipping hole.

Possible solution would be a second cap, placed on top of the first one
(with the hole in a different location).

Isn't it great that your Los Altos shop has both a Peet's and a Starbucks
essentially in the same shopping center (though the Starbucks is actually
in Cupertino). Having Carvel next door is also good, though they don't
have Lollapaloozas.

I prefer Peet's, but have you been to that particular one? If you're into
the totally bucolic experience, it's great. You walk in and hear baroque
music playing, which should tip you off.... the service is incredibly slow.
And it's COFFEE you're there for. You know, that stuff with CAFFEINE in it.
Not a glass of warm, soothing milk.

There can be just two people in line in front of you, and you're talking 10
minutes. Starbucks? Maybe 3, tops. So after awhile you get to thinking the
taste of slightly-burned coffee isn't so bad after all.

Is this typical of Peet's in general, or is it just that location in
particular? I've been to other Peet's that seem faster, but nothing is as
fast as the typical Starbucks. And, as I said, it's coffee you're after, so
"speed" doesn't seem inappropriate.

I'll check out those other coffee-carrying options. Thanks!

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old October 26th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
SMS ??? ?

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
[...]

Ususally I brew my own, but I go to Peet's occasionally in Cupertino and
they don't seem any different than Starbucks in terms of speed of service.

I usually go the Coffee Society at the Library in Cupertino as it's a
three minute walk or one minute bicycle ride.
Old October 26th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
SMS 斯蒂文• 夏

SMS 斯蒂文• 夏 wrote:
But there are some on the site.
"http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000AO7EQ4/sanfrancisc0b-20"
"http://store.nycewheels.com/bottle-holder-bar-mount.html"
The problem is that on a regular cup, when you go over bumps, coffee
is ejected out the sipping hole.
Isn't it great that your Los Altos shop has both a Peet's and a
Starbucks essentially in the same shopping center (though the
Starbucks is actually in Cupertino). Having Carvel next door is also
good, though they don't have Lollapaloozas.

Coffee shops are not 'like flies' They are like locusts:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&view...rt=0&z=14&om=1

197 within a mile, over a dozen within two blocks of here.
As Sky Yaeger says, "Beans from a 3d world country with tap water-
that'll be two bucks please"

Yes, that's why I only go to those places on occasions when I'm away
from home and need a fix. I can brew a carafe of much better coffee for
about 1/15th the price of a single cup at Starbucks.
Old October 27th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
[email protected][_2_]

On Oct 26, 12:14 am, SMS wrote:
I was amused to see my old web site on adding water bottles to frames
without braze-ons, being discussed in the Brompton Yahoo Group, with a
statement that there were some products left out (it was last updated in
2002).

So I've updated the site as of today, thinking that five years has been
long enough!

It's at "http://nordicgroup.us/cageboss/".

Hopefully others will find this information helpful as well.

If I've missed any products then please let me know and I will add them
to the site.

Steve

There used to be a bottle cage that was one piece that had extended
rails that fit over the stem and under the bars, and sat there. The
were held in place with a tiny screwy thingy. Are they still made? I
think that blackburn made them 20 yrs ago.

Andres