Uwharrie Woodrun Trail System Workday-Central NC

Old March 8th 04, 10:35 AM
Tommy Taylor

Default Uwharrie Woodrun Trail System Workday-Central NC

The Uwharrie Mountain Bike Association, Uwharrie Wheelmen, and the Pfeiffer
Outdoor Programs are jointly sponsoring a trail maintenance day on March 20
from 9-3. We plan to meet at the Wood Run trailhead parking lot. The Wood
Run trailhead is located on NC 24/27 between Albemarle and Troy and two
miles east of bridges over Lake Tillery/Pee Dee River. Bring your bike,
gloves, water, a shovel, and lunch. We will work on Supertree trail.
On March 1, Leigh Marston and Ian Garner of the US Department of Agriculture
Forest Service, Don Childrey and Tommy Taylor of the Uwharrie Mountain Bike
Association/Uwharrie Wheelmen, and Gifford Del Grande of Yadkin Pee-Dee
Lakes Project walked Supertree trail to plan tasks for the workday.
Pictures and details are located at http://www.childrey.com/umba/index.html
For pictures, look at the "Gallery" link.

What about Skyrock? A preliminary archaeological study by the USFS has been
completed. The USFS is moving towards approving trail construction. We
hope to go to work on it as soon as possible. Then we hope to move forward
to complete the planned trail system in the area.

Old March 10th 04, 10:13 PM
JD

"Tommy Taylor" wrote in message .com...
[...]

I used to ride there all of the time '90-'95. Tell Brad Ziel from
Albermarle I said hey.

JD
Old March 16th 04, 03:22 AM
Tommy Taylor

I used to ride there all of the time '90-'95. Tell Brad Ziel from
Albermarle I said hey.

JD

Wilco...I haven't seen him riding Woodrun Trail System lately. I think he's
still around though.