Lance's big achievement

Old August 6th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Blair P. Houghton

Default Lance's big achievement

richard wrote:
Regardless of which ever way the Floyd Landis case turns out, it still
makes Lance the ONLY person ever to win the Tour de France with Shimano!

What did he name his other nut?

(There - that ought to touch off a nice flame war!)

Sorry.

--Blair

Old August 6th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 5 Aug 2006 17:17:17 -0700, "Blair P. Houghton"

It's worth noting that many multi-Tour winners used different bicycles
and derailleurs. Neither the bicycle nor the shifter appears to matter
as much as the marketing department would like.

"It's not about the bike."

--Blair
"I read that somewhere."

P.S. If it doesn't matter, then why did a Dura-Ace _never_ win?

Dear Blair,

Possibly because the few riders capable of winning never used
Dura-Ace?

It's unlikely that Campagnolo shifters suddenly became inferior in
1999

The only notable victories for shaft-drive bicycles came when Major
Taylor rode them. When Taylor stopped riding them, they stopped
winning.

I'm intrigued by the 1930-1939 approach of putting TdF riders on
generic bicycles, possibly Fury RoadMasters.

Not that I consider the pro peloton a pack of lab rats whose sole
purpose in life is to entertain me, but . . .

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old August 6th 06, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 21:25:55 -0500, Hank Wirtz
wrote:

wrote in news:nqt9d2p1lg6ov18onmh17a5npi17cqv0v0@
4ax.com:

Big-ass chart SNIPPED

Thanks for that table! I was just thinking today that I need to get a copy
of The Dancing Chain.

Dear Hank,

Currently . . .

New, $33.55 including shipping.

Used, $40.87 including shipping.

(The book world is full of surprises.)

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac... 8813_1:57:242

It's a nice book, particularly if you sometimes feel the need to stare
at really, really weird bicycle transmissions.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old August 6th 06, 08:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

We had a teacher in school who always said.

"Tisn't the pen at all, but the fella behind the pen"

Old August 6th 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Nick Payne

From the heading I thought you were going to say LA's big achievement was
keeping one step ahead of the drug testers for seven years...

Old August 6th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Fred Clydesdale

In article .com,
" wrote:

We had a teacher in school who always said.

"Tisn't the pen at all, but the fella behind the pen"

would this be yer teacher in leprechaun school, then?

Lance's Doping Scandal rooman Australia 0 June 1st 06 05:03 AM
Will Lances kids be great cyclists one day? Zoom Racing 24 July 28th 05 04:56 AM
Eurosport confuses Lance's Mom for Kristin ! Keith Racing 0 July 24th 05 01:33 AM
Lance's Historic Ride Badger General 1 November 13th 04 11:32 AM
Lance's fall season..........??? Charles Hizark Racing 12 August 27th 04 01:50 AM