Question on saddlebags

Old August 15th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Smokey

Default Question on saddlebags

I'm thinking about getting a saddlebag to be used for overnight trips
while staying at motels or B&Bs. I'm looking at the Carradice
Lowsaddle Longflap and Nelson Longflap models. I might have to go with
the Lowsaddle since my Lemond may not have clearance for the Nelson (I
have a 59cm Poprad). Does anyone have any experience with these bags,
especially in regards to their capacity? I also notice they are out of
stock at both Harris and Wallingford. Does it normally take a long
time to get orders from them? Thanks for all replies.

Smokey

Old August 16th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
joekhul

On Aug 15, 5:21 pm, Smokey wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a saddlebag to be used for overnight trips
while staying at motels or B&Bs. I'm looking at the Carradice
Lowsaddle Longflap and Nelson Longflap models. I might have to go with
the Lowsaddle since my Lemond may not have clearance for the Nelson (I
have a 59cm Poprad). Does anyone have any experience with these bags,
especially in regards to their capacity? I also notice they are out of
stock at both Harris and Wallingford. Does it normally take a long
time to get orders from them? Thanks for all replies.

Smokey

I may not know fully what I'm talking about here, and truly not trying
to sound smug, but I think of these Carradice bags as 'boutique' bags.
They are certainly well-made, functional saddlebags/panniers/whatevers
-- but a lot of the design also went into their aesthetics; and that's
why they're priced a bit higher. It's also one of the reasons why you
can't get them. Those websites, including other reputable U.S. sites,
have been out of these bags for a year or two! For some odd reason you
just can't get them here. You might try Peter White Cycles on the web.
His site now says Carradice bags "are now in stock". Hopefully that'll
be true for you (and hopefully that page has been updated in the last
year or so). Let us know if he does have 'em -- in case you do check
with him.

Saddlebags Slark UK 6 April 22nd 07 09:54 AM
Seatpacks and saddlebags... Simon Bennett UK 14 March 7th 06 10:55 AM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Maggie General 0 April 22nd 05 12:27 PM
Brooks saddlebags David Damerell Techniques 3 January 21st 04 05:03 AM