Pics of Campa 11 speed

Old June 18th 08, 09:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Derk

Default Pics of Campa 11 speed

http://www.guidorubino.com/technews/...ord-e-11speed/

Derk
Old June 18th 08, 12:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jun 18, 10:48*am, Derk wrote:
http://www.guidorubino.com/technews/...lo-2009-ergopo...

Derk

At the risk of sounding like that guy who figured the world would
never have need of more than 5 or 6 computers, why do we need 11 cogs?
10 is a nice round number and I was hoping it would be settled upon
for a while. This strikes me as somewhat like the whole Ultra-torque
business; different just to be different. The Ergos do look quite
nice, er... I don't mean they look nice, I mean they look very
functional and well designed. But I must say I've had it with special
accomodations for mani piccole! Lets have some for mani grande!

Joseph

PS: I still want it anyway ;-)
Old June 18th 08, 12:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 04:06:08 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

At the risk of sounding like that guy who figured the world would
never have need of more than 5 or 6 computers, why do we need 11 cogs?

Need is a strong word, but here's why I would like it

12 13 14 15 16 17 19 21 23 25 28

Old June 18th 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Jun 18, 5:06*am, "
wrote:
On Jun 18, 10:48*am, Derk wrote:

http://www.guidorubino.com/technews/...lo-2009-ergopo...

Derk

At the risk of sounding like that guy who figured the world would
never have need of more than 5 or 6 computers, why do we need 11 cogs?
10 is a nice round number and I was hoping it would be settled upon
for a while. This strikes me as somewhat like the whole Ultra-torque
business; different just to be different. The Ergos do look quite
nice, er... I don't mean they look nice, I mean they look very
functional and well designed. But I must say I've had it with special
accomodations for mani piccole! Lets have some for mani grande!

Joseph

PS: I still want it anyway ;-)

UT was a response to the misconception that square taper cranks and
BBs were somehow flawed, and the market shunned them because of the
media fawning over all new and different. BUT at least it's a better
design than all the other 'spindle thru with left crank arm bolted on'
designs.
Old June 18th 08, 01:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Adam Kadlubek

On 18 Cze, 13:06, "
wrote:
On Jun 18, 10:48 am, Derk wrote:

http://www.guidorubino.com/technews/...lo-2009-ergopo...

Derk

At the risk of sounding like that guy who figured the world would
never have need of more than 5 or 6 computers, why do we need 11 cogs?

12-13-14-15-16-18-20-23-26-30-34 single chainring goodness.
Old June 18th 08, 02:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 18 Jun., 13:06, "
wrote:

The Ergos do look quite
nice, er... I don't mean they look nice, I mean they look very
functional and well designed. But I must say I've had it with special
accomodations for mani piccole! Lets have some for mani grande!

Try to look at image 6. There seems to be a shim for people with big
hands:
"Per le mani grandi è disponibile anche un supporto che permette
maggiore appoggio"

Or picture 4:
"Presa migliore per le mani grandi: questa è la mano di Indurain!"

Interesting to see that not only Super Record but also Chorus and
Record will be 11 speed.

I was hoping that the 2009 series would re-introduce a "silver" Record
hub, but from all the black and dark gray parts I see on the pictures,
my hope is fading.

--
Regards
Old June 18th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich

"Derk" wrote in message
http://www.guidorubino.com/technews/...ord-e-11speed/

Campagnolo has gone completely over the top. Looks like I'll be switching
most of my stuff over to Shimano 9-speed with barend shifters.

Old June 18th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 18 Jun., 15:24, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

Campagnolo has gone completely over the top. Looks like I'll be switching
most of my stuff over to Shimano 9-speed with barend shifters.

Why? Centaur and below will still be 10 speed, and the Veloce series
doesn't have any carbon in it, if that is what bothering you.

Regarding Shimano; from 2009 Shimano will start to ship Dura Ace
shifters and derailleurs that are incompatible with "old" Shimano
systems (new cable pull ratio like Sram's shifters). Ultegra and 105
will follow soon after. So in a near future only Sora/Tiagra
derailleurs will work with 9 speed bar end shifters, and after a
couple of years they too will be upgraded. So 9 speed Shimano is a
dead end.

--
Regards
Old June 18th 08, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
On Jun 18, 5:06�am, "
wrote:
On Jun 18, 10:48�am, Derk wrote:

http://www.guidorubino.com/technews/...lo-2009-ergopo...
Derk

At the risk of sounding like that guy who figured the world would
never have need of more than 5 or 6 computers, why do we need 11 cogs?
10 is a nice round number and I was hoping it would be settled upon
for a while. This strikes me as somewhat like the whole Ultra-torque
business; different just to be different. The Ergos do look quite
nice, er... I don't mean they look nice, I mean they look very
functional and well designed. But I must say I've had it with special
accomodations for mani piccole! Lets have some for mani grande!

Joseph

PS: I still want it anyway ;-)

UT was a response to the misconception that square taper cranks and
BBs were somehow flawed,

you can achieve more strength [and stiffness] for less weight with a
large hollow tube than you can a small [solid] rod. basic math.

Old June 18th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JG

12-13-14-15-16-18-20-23-26-30-34 single chainring goodness.

You could achieve the same thing with a 12-23 8 speed against a
compact double. Smaller, stronger cassette, against a front
derailleur, shifter, and chain ring...

JG