SE unicycling

Old November 22nd 03, 04:02 PM
Eublapharis13

Default SE unicycling

How come there doesn't seem to be many unicyclists in the SE USA? And
all of the Uni events are in the West or NE.... I think it stinx.... I
can't go to the Uni things when they're all that far away.

--
Eublapharis13 - Unicycle destroyer

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their
shoes.
Eublapharis13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4065

Old November 22nd 03, 06:13 PM
AccordNSX

We're here. We just keep quiet.

--
AccordNSX - Adam Coast Choppers

If I had a signature, would you forge it?
AccordNSX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/541

Old November 22nd 03, 06:22 PM
grey

I would suppose that a strong club like MUC could apply to host or
sponsor an upcoming national event. Wasn't there a recent thread about
2004 not having a planned venue yet for some competition?

Check out 'When/Where will NAUC 2004 be held?' (http://tinyurl.com/w4e6)
Maybe MUC could look into hosting that.

--
grey - George Kleinert

"The feeling is weird - sort of like learning to use a single-wheel
prosthetic device to keep the earth away." - cyberbellum
grey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4330

Old November 22nd 03, 07:58 PM
tadaniels

We've posted to this forum numerous times in the past several months
asking for volunteers to serve on the local organizing committee for
NAUCC 2004 and / or the USA's Events Committee. We haven't received any
replies (where, "I think we should have NAUCC [fill in the location
here]," without an offer to help locate venues is not counted as a
reply).

MUC were invited to host NAUCC 2004, but they felt they were too new a
club to take on the responsibility (and that holding NAUCC in the heat
of a Memphis summer would be challenging). We hope they will feel
differently after getting a little more experience under their belts.

We are currently looking into a potential location for NAUCC 2004 that
was brought to our attention this past weekend. We hope to have
something positive to report on this potential location soon.

Tom Daniels
President, Unicycling Society of America, Incorporated

--
tadaniels - USA President
tadaniels's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/352

Old November 23rd 03, 04:03 AM
muniracer

hell on wheel is based primarily in richmond, virgina. thats still
pretty far from florida, but in the neighborhood

--
muniracer - Hell On Wheel

The Hell on Wheel Unicycle Gang owns you.
muniracer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4339