What it is to love a sport...

Old March 29th 05, 05:37 PM
Maggie

Neil Cherry wrote:
On 28 Mar 2005 10:26:17 -0800, SlowRider wrote:

In the case of the cyclist who passed me while talking on his cell
phone, I was "on the rivet", as they say, near the end of an

interval
and going much faster than my usual pace. I cannot resent anyone

for
going faster than me, anymore than I can resent someone for being

20
years younger. But no matter how rational one's attitude, it is
deflating to be bested by someone who evidently spends such a

little
bit of effort.

You can't do anything about someone being 20 years younger (at least
not legally ;-). But you can hate someone for riding faster than you
are! You then take that hate, remember it and take it out whenever

you
train. You must drop your enemies behind you and listen to the

wailing
and gnashing (isn't that an open source automobile? ;-) of teeth. At
least for a few seconds. That was something from Conan the
librarian. :-)

--

Sounds a little Machiavellian to me. REVENGE IS BEST WHEN EATEN COLD!
Never take revenge immediately....let it remain in your heart until the

Old March 30th 05, 01:32 AM
Neil Cherry

On 29 Mar 2005 08:37:42 -0800, Maggie wrote:

Neil Cherry wrote:
[...]

Oh, a clasical reference, that will take me up a step in the
world. :-)

Actually, that sort of sounds like advice to the bride .... ;-) I
should ask my wife, she remember all those vows that I took when we
got married. You the part about killing bugs and taking out the dogs
and heavy labor. At least that what she tells me, I can't
remember. ;-)

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/ (Text only)