1 foot wheel walk. need tips

Old January 8th 09, 08:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1wheelwonder

Default 1 foot wheel walk. need tips

Thanks heaps, I'll keep practicing.

--
1wheelwonder

I got my new nimbus freestyle, and it's like learning to wheel walk all
over again!
Old January 8th 09, 08:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycledood

Whoever bumped this thread, good on you for not just starting a new one.
Lol, funny reading these old threads.

--
unicycledood

The.Mars.Volta wrote:
haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.

Old January 8th 09, 08:19 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1wheelwonder

that was me, I couldn't find another thread...

Old January 9th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

1wheelwonder;1166724 wrote:
that was me, I couldn't find another thread...

But you did find another thread; this one! While other newbies and
not-so newbies are polluting the area with duplicate threads (that
usually have less-than useful titles). So good for you!

So you don't need to lean either way. Just sit up straight. If you can
wheel walk with both feet it's practically the same thing. What's the
problem? It's always easier to help when we know what's going wrong.
Practice on an upward slope if possible, as it takes less energy. Not
really, but it favors your strong muscles and doesn't make you use the
weaker ones (hamstrings) as much.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"False facts are frequently formed from figures fabricated from fear
fired fiction." -- Harper
Old January 10th 09, 12:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1wheelwonder

Thanks John, I'll keep going.

--
1wheelwonder

I got my new nimbus freestyle, and it's like learning to wheel walk all
over again!

Hurrah for Harry, the one and only!
Old January 10th 09, 02:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
critter

I'm inspired. I have tried a couple times. I'm going to make time to
practice.
tanx eh

phlegm;648671 wrote:
To smoothly transition from riding to gliding, I put my tire foot out
front a split second before my frame foot leaves the pedal to rest on
the frame.

Sweet!

--
critter

MUni! The closest I'll ever get to bull riding!

Need help with Wheel Walk Uni-D3 Unicycling 10 May 4th 06 07:55 PM
backwards wheel walk amanda.gallacher Unicycling 15 July 6th 05 01:29 AM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
The Basics of Wheel Alignment and Wheelbuilding Jeff Napier Techniques 338 August 23rd 04 09:17 PM
Coasting learning progression... andrew_carter Unicycling 2 October 26th 03 08:40 PM