People are so nice when....

Old November 14th 04, 12:19 AM
hippy

Default People are so nice when....

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
NEWS FLASH: AUSTRALIAN WOMEN ROAM FROM CITY TO CITY IN SEARCH OF FREEDOM
FROM MEN IN OBSCENE CYCLE CLOTHING.

Scientific studies (http://www.notaurl.com/) have shown that women are
moving around Australia at an ever-increasing rate in order to escape
men cycling around in ludicrous, offensive clothing. This trend was
first noticed by a knick-wearing character in Melbourne, known only as
"hippy". However, the originally planned permanent migration to Brisbane
was foiled when the women discovered that men there had also fallen into
the habit of wearing this obscene attire.

Due to the hot conditions in Brisbane (http://www.bom.gov.au), men have
taken it one step further. Many insist upon wearing obscenely small
triathlon singlets, usually obtained from one of the major corporate
team triathlon events. Others choose ironman singlets unzipped down to
the navel level, exposing chest hair, body fat and lint from an elusive
source.

Government spokesperson V. Stupid said that it was crucial to form a
plan to prevent this continued travel of women around the country, lest
they create a vortex and transport the entire country to the other side
of the universe.

LMAO!!!! :-D :-D

I tried to read the papers at "http://www.notaurl.com/" but they
don't seem to load.. did anyone else have this problem?

(I just thought I'd check this and there is a site linked to
this url! ha! the joke's on me!)

I need sleep. I blame it on hippy. Not really.

That's funny.. usually people struggle to stay awake
conversing with me... ;-)

hippy

Old November 14th 04, 12:24 AM
hippy

"flyingdutch"
Wierd things go on out your way! 'Barber Woman's' the shopfront says.
WTF?
Is that for the she-mullet???

I think you're missing some content..

It's a Barber shop and is probably advertising
cheap "Ladies" haircuts or something..

Or are barbers only allowed to cut men's hair?

FD - who did his first 'intervals' at Hawthorn velodrome tonight and is
feeling well-knackered

Oh.. I stupidly took my usual friday off thinking that I
would be fitting in plenty of riding on the w/e.. hahaha!

I might see you there one day.. I've got plenty of
work to do there!

hippy

Old November 14th 04, 01:14 AM
flyingdutch

hippy Wrote:
"flyingdutch"

Oh.. I stupidly took my usual friday off thinking that I
would be fitting in plenty of riding on the w/e.. hahaha!

I might see you there one day.. I've got plenty of
work to do there!

hippy

what do you do? I was going one lap flat out, 2 easy
did this for about (i think. severe starclouds were hazing m
vision/memory) 12 hardlap combo's

--
flyingdutch

Old November 14th 04, 02:38 AM
hippy

"flyingdutch"
hippy Wrote:
I might see you there one day.. I've got plenty of
work to do there!

what do you do? I was going one lap flat out, 2 easy
did this for about (i think. severe starclouds were hazing my
vision/memory) 12 hardlap combo's.

What.. give away all my training secrets? bwahahaha! ;-)

I do lots of different stuff, depending on where I'm
at in my training program. High cadence stuff, jumps
and E3 efforts are the most common things for me.

You might need to ease up on the pace and give
yourself more recovery time? Remember, although
it often comes to a bunch sprint, the race will last
30min-1hr. You want to train your body for longer
efforts (E3 is around where you'd be before
blowing up I guess). 10min x 2 for a few weeks,
then 15min x 2 for a couple of weeks, 20min x 2,
etc.. maybe doing this twice a week?
I'm not a coach.. I just do what I'm told (unless I'm
still at f&*%ing work!!).
Anything that takes you into race pace and higher
has to be good though, remembering not to overcook
it and leave yourself shagged every time you race.

hippy

Old November 14th 04, 10:38 AM
DRS

"hippy" wrote in message

[...]

I tried to read the papers at "http://www.notaurl.com/" but they
don't seem to load.. did anyone else have this problem?

It works fine for me. It redirects to
http://www.mediabasement.com/mediabasement/default.asp.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old November 15th 04, 01:32 PM
fred nieman

Hey, a.b all,

The message I am responding to, quoted below, is a spoofed post from
someone posting as ".
It's not from me.

Human or bot newsgroup archivers, hope you get this too.

The soi dissant 'fred nieman ' is NOT ME.

I have no involvement whatsoever in whatever this AE thing is about.

xxx

"fred nieman wrote:

Michael Warner wrote in message .. .

On 11 Nov 2004 00:00:32 -0800, demod wrote:
I was chased down and cut off twice by a Alan Erskine who forced me
with a gun to have sex with him
I made a mental note of his 2" DICK and reported it to the cops, who
aren't biggest fans of Alan Erskine.

"
Old November 17th 04, 02:36 AM
mfhor

Stuart Lamble Wrote:

Another effort I remember: travelling east along North Road, just sh
of
Princes Highway, a bus passed me, at a relative speed of around 30 kph
(at a guess). I swear that there were about two feet between it an
me.
_That_ was unnerving.

Gee, two feet? Footscray road bussies take delight in seeing whethe
they can *almost* touch my knuckles when I'm a couple of inches righ
of the kerb and channel. The roar you get from the rear engine scare
the crap out of you.

M "the bike path? That's for pussies"

--
mfhor

Old November 20th 04, 05:27 AM
Resound

hippy Wrote:
"flyingdutch"
hippy Wrote:
[...]

I'm curious now...is there a velodrome anywhere near Oakleigh (and I'
willing to be flexible with the definition of "near") that's publi
access? I've never ridden on one and I'd like to have a go. Preferabl
one that doesn't have weeds growing luxuriously through cracks in th
concrete or something similar

--
Resound

Old November 21st 04, 03:46 AM
hippy

"Resound"
I'm curious now...is there a velodrome anywhere near Oakleigh (and I'm
willing to be flexible with the definition of "near") that's public
access? I've never ridden on one and I'd like to have a go. Preferably
one that doesn't have weeds growing luxuriously through cracks in the
concrete or something similar.

http://thehippy.net/Cycling/vic_velodromes.asp

You can work out if any of them are near Oakleigh..
I've got no idea.

hippy

Old November 21st 04, 04:32 AM
qtq

Stuart Lamble wrote:
Another effort I remember: travelling east along North Road, just shy

of
Princes Highway, a bus passed me, at a relative speed of around 30

kph
(at a guess). I swear that there were about two feet between it and

me.
_That_ was unnerving.

Wuss.

My unnerving tale from yesterday comes from Sydney Airport; my cycling
partner declined to take General Holmes Dr with me (it's a tunnel under
the runway, for those not familiar with the Sydney Airport area).
Thus, we had to merge onto Southern Cross Dr citybound (this is a 80/90
km/h rd) from the right. Thankfully, the road forked (into
airport-bound and citybound traffic) just before the merge, and there
wasn't any traffic behind us, so we found a gap and crossed into the
left lane.

I don't think I'm ever going to attempt that again. Next time, I'm
taking the (500m longer) bike path.

-A

Want your dream bike? follow these simple steps! [email protected] General 6 March 8th 05 07:07 PM
Next Australian PM Next PM Australia 3 August 24th 04 11:04 AM
Michael Moore Steve Racing 19 July 4th 04 09:20 PM
It's nice to read about the ride to work people Burr General 5 August 17th 03 04:07 PM