Boring SW Idaho Riding Pics

Old September 15th 04, 07:20 PM
Paladin

Default Boring SW Idaho Riding Pics

Thanks to our local SWIMBA rep, Smilycook for most of these. Might be worth a look.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...4738& t=47674

paladin
Old September 15th 04, 09:07 PM
MattB

Paladin wrote:
Thanks to our local SWIMBA rep, Smilycook for most of these. Might
be worth a look.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...4738& t=47674

paladin

Yawn. Looks a lot like the boring trails we have here.

Matt

Old September 15th 04, 10:04 PM
Paladin

"MattB" wrote in message
Paladin wrote:
Thanks to our local SWIMBA rep, Smilycook for most of these. Might
be worth a look.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...4738& t=47674

paladin

Yawn. Looks a lot like the boring trails we have here.

Matt

Did you look further down the post? he has several more. I have an
ulterior motive, too, as I'm lobbying to move our AMB-ID annual epic to the
mtns shown in these pictures. I love the wide, expansive views at 10k feet.
Adds a couple hours to the northern contingent's travel time, but same
distance for me, ie, 1.5hrs away for the really stunning stuff.

We'll see.

paladin

Old September 15th 04, 10:18 PM
small change

Paladin wrote: Did you look further down the post? he has several more. I
have an
ulterior motive, too, as I'm lobbying to move our AMB-ID annual epic
to the mtns shown in these pictures. I love the wide, expansive
views at 10k feet. Adds a couple hours to the northern contingent's
travel time, but same distance for me, ie, 1.5hrs away for the really
stunning stuff.

We'll see.

paladin

lessee, that'd be 8 hours for me, 12 for gab, 20 for the colorado
contingent? Keep pushing for it, Chris. I'm not adverse, but we may need
more time to explore the area!

10K feet elevation, eh? Wheeze....

penny

Old September 15th 04, 10:20 PM
MattB

Paladin wrote:
"MattB" wrote in message
Paladin wrote:
Thanks to our local SWIMBA rep, Smilycook for most of these. Might
be worth a look.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...4738& t=47674

paladin

Yawn. Looks a lot like the boring trails we have here.

Matt

Did you look further down the post? he has several more. I have an
ulterior motive, too, as I'm lobbying to move our AMB-ID annual epic
to the mtns shown in these pictures. I love the wide, expansive
views at 10k feet. Adds a couple hours to the northern contingent's
travel time, but same distance for me, ie, 1.5hrs away for the really
stunning stuff.

We'll see.

paladin

Yeah, I somehow managed to stay awake long enough to see those too.

Matt

Old September 15th 04, 10:36 PM
Paladin

"small change" wrote in message
Paladin wrote: Did you look further down the post? he has several more.

have an
ulterior motive, too, as I'm lobbying to move our AMB-ID annual epic
to the mtns shown in these pictures. I love the wide, expansive
views at 10k feet. Adds a couple hours to the northern contingent's
travel time, but same distance for me, ie, 1.5hrs away for the really
stunning stuff.

We'll see.

paladin

lessee, that'd be 8 hours for me, 12 for gab, 20 for the colorado
contingent? Keep pushing for it, Chris. I'm not adverse, but we may need
more time to explore the area!

10K feet elevation, eh? Wheeze....

penny

I'm very open to something up by Riggins, or NE Oregon in the Sisters/7
Devils areas. Last I checked (getting run out of there a couple years back)
though, not much open to bikes.

If Gab took I-84 to Boise, then 55 to McCall, she could be there in less
than 8hrs.

Planning is part of the fun.

paladin

Old September 15th 04, 10:47 PM
small change

Paladin wrote: I'm very open to something up by Riggins, or NE Oregon in
the
Sisters/7 Devils areas. Last I checked (getting run out of there a
couple years back) though, not much open to bikes.

If Gab took I-84 to Boise, then 55 to McCall, she could be there in
less than 8hrs.

Planning is part of the fun.

paladin

anything by Riggins is hot hot hot that time of year, but don't think I
haven't looked at biking the Middle Fork corridor- wild and scenic is open
to bikes, even if wilderness is not.

I've backpacked in the 7 devils area, think that wouldn't work.

Sisters, well now... there's an idea, Bend/Sisters etc...again it can get
really hot over there, and then getting away from the central Oregon
vacation masses could be a trick.

I actually think your idea is a good one, if the trailer's gone for next
year. I just can't help but poke a little. Are you thinking camping?

penny

Old September 16th 04, 01:54 AM
Chris Brown

small change Wrote:
[...]

Well, the CABIN is being moved south to where it is across the road
from Tamarack Resort, which isn't a painful place to visit, what with
its "Whistler-lite" bike park and other trails.

I was also thinking of possibly headquartering the troops at the little
cabins at Burghdorf Hot Springs. Lots of riding from there. We'll see.
You sure got Riggins right. It's always the hottest place in the
state.

Do you know of any epic rides avail in Hell's Canyon? Or, the LoLo pass
area? ie, down to that little town north of Riggins, and head east.
they say it's the most remote drive on earth, whatever that really
means.

paladin

--
Chris Brown

Old September 16th 04, 04:47 AM
small change

Chris Brown wrote:

Well, the CABIN is being moved south to where it is across the road
from Tamarack Resort, which isn't a painful place to visit, what with
its "Whistler-lite" bike park and other trails.

no beach?

I was also thinking of possibly headquartering the troops at the
little cabins at Burghdorf Hot Springs. Lots of riding from there.
We'll see. You sure got Riggins right. It's always the hottest place
in the state.

Do you know of any epic rides avail in Hell's Canyon? Or, the LoLo
pass area? ie, down to that little town north of Riggins, and head
east. they say it's the most remote drive on earth, whatever that
really means.

I can look into it. Lolo Pass area might be nutso with the bicentennial of
Lewis & Clark... there is the "lolo pass trail" ride which requires permits
and a sag wagon, three days of mostly 4wd road somewhat following the route
of the explorers.

Tamarack might not be such a bad deal. I'd like to do 20 mile again, just
for grins. Or Burgdorf - I wonder how far ahead you have to reserve?

Penny
paladin

Old September 16th 04, 01:40 PM
Carla A-G

"Paladin" wrote in message
I have an
ulterior motive, too, as I'm lobbying to move our AMB-ID annual epic to

the
mtns shown in these pictures. I love the wide, expansive views at 10k

feet.

10k feet...you guys are killing us...the 7k we rode at was quite plenty
thank you!

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

A good day's riding (and then a bit more) phil Unicycling 12 May 18th 04 09:01 PM
Lights for Road Riding Ken Huizenga Techniques 278 January 22nd 04 02:04 PM
NAUCC 2003 Pics UniBrier Unicycling 11 August 14th 03 11:52 PM
Riding facing traffic Bruce G Patrick General 4 August 12th 03 08:11 AM
Night Riding Safety? Thunder9 Techniques 24 August 5th 03 09:31 PM