Today's Winner

Old April 30th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mark VandenBerghe

Default Today's Winner

Levi Leipheimer

Old April 30th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Apr 30, 10:59 am, "Mark VandenBerghe"
wrote:
Levi Leipheimer

Within the confines of his team, yes... he's the big winner. In the
bigger picture, he hasn't really won anything except the right to be
the designated leader of the team while getting his butt kicked by
Vino in July.

Old May 1st 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

wrote:
Levi Leipheimer

Within the confines of his team, yes... he's the big winner. In the
bigger picture, he hasn't really won anything except the right to be
the designated leader of the team while getting his butt kicked by
Vino in July.

Or is he next???

I'm telling you people: the real race at the TdF this year is the race
to be allowed to start!

At present, I think the likely start list will be all of Credit
Agricole, Chris Horner, and Rujano.

Ekimov will come out of retirement to race, only to be disqualified due
to being implicated in the 1984 Olympic blood doping,

Old May 1st 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 01 May 2007 02:05:03 GMT, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

Ekimov will come out of retirement to race, only to be disqualified due
to being implicated in the 1984 Olympic blood doping,

The Russians weren't at the 84 Olympics, and at that event it was some
Americans who were blood doping.
--
JT
****************************
Old May 1st 07, 07:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:

Ekimov will come out of retirement to race, only to be disqualified due
to being implicated in the 1984 Olympic blood doping,

The Russians weren't at the 84 Olympics, and at that event it was some
Americans who were blood doping.

It's nitpicking on these procedural details that is
hampering our efforts to clean up the sport.

Sincerely,
Dick Pound

Old May 1st 07, 10:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:

Ekimov will come out of retirement to race, only to be disqualified due
to being implicated in the 1984 Olympic blood doping,

The Russians weren't at the 84 Olympics, and at that event it was some
Americans who were blood doping.

It's nitpicking on these procedural details that is
hampering our efforts to clean up the sport.

Sincerely,
Dick Pound

POTM

--
JT
****************************
Old May 1st 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,

wrote:

Ekimov will come out of retirement to race, only to be disqualified due
to being implicated in the 1984 Olympic blood doping,

The Russians weren't at the 84 Olympics, and at that event it was some
Americans who were blood doping.

Dumbass=me. I got him confused with Alexi Grewal, who is of course as
Russian as the Russian Tea Room.

Old May 1st 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:

Ekimov will come out of retirement to race, only to be disqualified due
to being implicated in the 1984 Olympic blood doping,

The Russians weren't at the 84 Olympics, and at that event it was some
Americans who were blood doping.

Of course those who actually knew about it realized that it was
perfectly legal at that time.

Old May 1st 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

In article ,

wrote:

Ekimov will come out of retirement to race, only to be disqualified due
to being implicated in the 1984 Olympic blood doping,

The Russians weren't at the 84 Olympics, and at that event it was some
Americans who were blood doping.

Dumbass=me. I got him confused with Alexi Grewal, who is of course as
Russian as the Russian Tea Room.

Well, Grewal was on drugs (from herbal medecine supposedly) in the
lead-in to the Olympics, not blood doping. As I recall, it was some
of the track riders on the US team that did the blood doping.
--
JT

So, is Floyd still the winner? If so, why? [email protected] Racing 8 August 26th 06 11:27 AM
The last clean winner ilan Racing 8 July 28th 06 03:36 PM
And the winner is? Curtis L. Russell Racing 5 March 3rd 06 04:33 AM
And the winner is..... Just zis Guy, you know? UK 4 December 15th 03 10:48 PM