Debris on Heidelberg Rd

Old July 27th 03, 09:11 AM

Default Debris on Heidelberg Rd

hippy wrote:

"Theo Bekkers" wrote in message
In ten years of riding to work I picked up and brought home:-

I've scored (memory fading here):
- countless screwdrivers
- countless spanners
- a nice wood saw
- quite a few large car magnets (great for the fridge)
- lots of coins
- more than one brand new tube of glue
- heaps of those wheel-balancing lead weights from cars
- a few nice hub caps (~$50 ea. to buy replacement ones!)
- a saw guide thing for cutting mitres
- a zippo lighter

These are just some of the things I can remember off the top of
my head. hip.

Ok, what use are wheel balancing weights? Do you balance your own car
wheels?

GK
Old July 27th 03, 12:03 PM
David J Richardson

I hate this thread now -- my rear tire went *pop* just after I crossed
the Merri Creek on the way back from the footy last evening... Didn't
identify the culprit.

Ah well, that's the first time I've got through two years puncture-free!

--
David J Richardson --
http://davidj.richardson.name/ -- Dr Who articles/interviews/reviews

Old July 27th 03, 12:28 PM
Scotty

they are made of lead...great for making sinkers if you are a fisherman (or
person or whatever it is these days)
saves buying them at inflated prices from tackles shops.

if not I have no idea what people would do with them...maybe cash in at a
recycle place??

Old July 27th 03, 11:22 PM
hippy

"Scotty" wrote in message
they are made of lead...great for making sinkers if you are a

fisherman (or
person or whatever it is these days)
saves buying them at inflated prices from tackles shops.

That's the precise reason I used to nab them. My Dad makes
his own sinkers with the wheel weights (and any other lead
sourse). He melts it down using a portable camp stove and
a little pot, then pours it into a sinker mould - which you can
buy from outdoor/fishing stores.

hippy
- not a crazy person who collects wheel weights... really! ;-)

Old July 28th 03, 03:11 AM
D&M johnston

"g" wrote in message
hippy wrote:

"Theo Bekkers" wrote in message
In ten years of riding to work I picked up and brought home:-

I've scored (memory fading here):
- countless screwdrivers
- countless spanners
- a nice wood saw
- quite a few large car magnets (great for the fridge)
- lots of coins
- more than one brand new tube of glue
- heaps of those wheel-balancing lead weights from cars
- a few nice hub caps (~$50 ea. to buy replacement ones!)
- a saw guide thing for cutting mitres
- a zippo lighter

These are just some of the things I can remember off the top of
my head. hip.

Ok, what use are wheel balancing weights? Do you balance your own car
wheels?

GK

Maybe you can give them to a fisherman who can heat & reshape them into
sinkers......

DJ

Old July 28th 03, 10:07 AM
John Doe

: Ah well, that's the first time I've got through two years puncture-free!
:

Now here it comes. I went through about 18months of daily commuting of
42k's a day without a puncture. Then wham. Got a spate of them. I bought
Mr Tuffies. So far so good.