Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old May 27th 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

The other day, riding past a playground, some little kid yelled "You
should be in the circus!" It was said in a complimentary fashion, and
I took it as such. People in the circus are great at what they do. I
-wish -I was a good enough unicyclist to be in the circus.

--
steveyo

steveyo
...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)
- muni and kokopelli uni 't-shirts, mugs and stickers'
(http://www.cafepress.com/steveyo)
Old May 27th 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
martin.phillips

Almost off-topic....

Over the weekend I persuaded the wife to come with me around the Forest
of Dean cycle trail. Kate is a reluctant cyclist with no sense of
balance. She was riding a small fold-up bicycle with a rather
uncomfortable saddle, I was on the Nimbus 26". We had a pleasant if
uneventful trip and she finished looking a bit more tired than me.

The next day we went shopping, and stopped at the tea-shop in Waitrose.
Kate was still looking a bit stiff as she sat down, and said to me
rather more loudly than was strictly necessary "My bottom is still
sore, and it's all your fault".

Do you remember the scene in "An American Werewolf in London" where the
two guys walk into the Slaughtered Lamb and a deathly silence falls?
I've never thought of the Waitrose tea room as being like the
Slaughtered Lamb, but on Sunday that was the best description.

Wassail!

--
martin.phillips