Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old December 10th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
blot

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Rode past two guys in the park today. One of them starts singing
"Entrance of the Gladiators." How original, I thought and said over my
shoulder, "Is that the best you can do?" He paused for a few seconds,
then started singing the same thing again, except -louder.-

Apparently, it really was the best he could do.

--
blot

blot
Old December 10th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Earlier today on the local trail an asian lady was walking her dog, and
when she saw me riding her way (I was still a good 50 YARDS away), she
suddenly reined in her dog-a poodle-by the leash, hurriedly snatched it
up, and started RUNNING in the opposite direction! I think I heard her
making some frantic mumbling sounds. Weird! She disappeared around the
bend of the trail. I continued on in my regular route, which was not in
her direction. Funniest thing I've seen in a while! Can you say,
overreaction?

--
MuniAddict

::'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com)

'' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/member.php?u=12920)::
Old December 10th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

MuniAddict;1146659 wrote:
Earlier today on the local trail an asian lady was walking her dog, and
when she saw me riding her way (I was still a good 50 YARDS away), she
suddenly reined in her dog-a poodle-by the leash, hurriedly snatched it
up, and started RUNNING in the opposite direction! I think I heard her
making some frantic mumbling sounds. Weird! She disappeared around the
bend of the trail. I continued on in my regular route, which was not in
her direction. Funniest thing I've seen in a while! Can you say,
overreaction?

Ha! Maybe there was a mountain lion behind you.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken

I've been flying.......
Old December 10th 08, 03:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Biggestbtc

Wow, surely an overreaction. Of course, there is always a chance that
she had a bad experience with a unicycle when she was a young girl.
Perhaps she associates unicycles with malevolent circus performers...

Funny you should mention a little dog, because I had a close encounter
with one today as it suddenly appeared onto the sidewalk from a building
shortly followed by the owner. Good thing I didn't run it over, 'cause
it werse small.

I did have one interesting comment of, "Run it" from a fellow on a
porch. I don't really go very fast because of the size of my uni, so I
guess it was one of those "impossible" requests/commands that people
often make of us.

--
Biggestbtc

Ponder at the Peacock in the Poultry
Old December 10th 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

Biggestbtc;1146677 wrote:
Wow, surely an overreaction. Of course, there is always a chance that
she had a bad experience with a unicycle when she was a young girl.
Perhaps she associates unicycles with malevolent circus performers...

Funny you should mention a little dog, because I had a close encounter
with one today as it suddenly appeared onto the sidewalk from a building
shortly followed by the owner. Good thing I didn't run it over, 'cause
it werse small.

I did have one interesting comment of, "Run it" from a fellow on a
porch. I don't really go very fast because of the size of my uni, so I
guess it was one of those "impossible" requests/commands that people
often make of us.

Haha, the "run it" comment you got reminds me of my ride through the
local Target store! After at least 5 minutes of uninterrupted riding
inside the store (and many others too lol) I was heading for the exit as
a cashier enthusiastically yelled out, "Roll it, roll it!"

Old December 10th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
scott ttocs

Hey Unigeezer,

Have you tried the SoCal Malls? Do they throw you out or can you ride
around in them without hassle? (Would it help to put on a clown costume
and tell the security guards that you are looking for the kids party?
)

You could go upscale from Walmart and Target--try Nieman Marcus.

--
scott ttocs
Old December 10th 08, 06:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

scott ttocs;1146752 wrote:
Hey Unigeezer,

Have you tried the SoCal Malls? Do they throw you out or can you ride
around in them without hassle? (Would it help to put on a clown costume
and tell the security guards that you are looking for the kids party?
)

You could go upscale from Walmart and Target--try Nieman Marcus.

Yeah I've ridden inside malls. But I would never wear a clown
costume..at least while riding a uni! I want to get as far away from
that stereotype as possible! The circus is cool and fun to go to, but I
don't equate it with the type of riding I or most of us do.

As far as riding inside places, I just go for it with confidence and so
far I haven't really had a problem. Sooner or later though, I'm sure I'd
be kicked out! But I've been there, done that so it's time to move on
haha.

Old December 13th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
zogola

I got my first quotable comment today. An older lady pulled into the
parking lot where I was riding and said "You do really well on that
thing, I've often wondered how hard it is to ride one of those." I
answered that its not much more difficult than a bicycle, plus when you
fall you don't have a big bicycle to get tangled up in. She said "My
son went to the emergency room from riding a bicycle. He woulda gone to
the morgue on one of those!"

Kurt

--
zogola
Old December 13th 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

Last night on my way home from work I encountered a couple of astonished
drunks. they we both freaking out and saying "is that a one wheeled
bicycle dude?!?!" I repeatedly said "yeah, awesome isn't it?" and they
kept repeating the same question. After getting tired of answering the
same question over and over again I hoped on my coker and rode away. all
I could hear was "Holy Sh** dude! what the F***?! I must be too drunk!"

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
Old December 13th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

It was a cold 29 F morning today when I was riding the rail trail, so I
had it mostly to myself. About 2 miles in I caught up with family of 5
walking the trail. They were all noisily talking, but as I stealthily
approached and swooped past they became quiet. A satisfying silence.

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken