Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Old December 14th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Into the blue

Default Quote of the day (from non-riders)

Chrashing;1149145 wrote:
It was a cold 29 F morning today when I was riding the rail trail, so I
had it mostly to myself. About 2 miles in I caught up with family of 5
walking the trail. They were all noisily talking, but as I stealthily
approached and swooped past they became quiet. A satisfying silence.

Those are the best.
I normally ride with my miniature music machine in my hand and
sometimes I'll surreptitiously switch off to listen to comments (or lack
of) as I pass.

--
Into the blue

Harper wrote:
i wuld get a 20' trialls uni prolly with a blu tiar.
get splined an a kh saet or ur a pansy.
get trials cuz thaz whut i du n u mus wannaa whut i du 2.
lol...awwsum.

Old December 14th 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Trapper

I know it's been used numerous times but when I used this one today the
delivery was perfect and the response to it was worth a million.

I was standing to the side of the trail while a group of mountain
bikers (about 8) approached. The rider leader popped off with a "You
lost your other wheel" and I replied with a rather tired "Man, I just
got rid of the training wheel guys."

-\"BURN!\"
\"OWNED!\"
\"DUDE!\"
\"WOW!\"-
and
-\"MAN HE WAS SO READY FOR YOU!\"-

Were the immediate responses from his comrades. Priceless. I'll
treasure that memory. ^^

--
Trapper
Old December 14th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
simonb

at my local skatepark a CHAV said

"woah boy, thats some crazy ass **** you can do on that tricycle!"

--
simonb

)--360unispin-O 3rd place
Old December 14th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Into the blue

"Yeah, you go!"

"I -am- going. This way, see?"

--
Into the blue

Old December 20th 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
crazyjoe

This one isn't from today. Actually it's from quite a while ago. I was
riding in Huntington Beach with my dad and I had my dalmation on a
leash. We passed under the pier and I heard a teenager yell, "HOLY
S**T!" I could hear in is voice that he was going to say something else.

I wasn't disappointed. The next thing he said was, "I thought
dalmations were extinct!"

He sounded like a stoner. It was by far the funniest comment I've ever
heard.

--
crazyjoe

*'uniproshop.com' (http://uniproshop.com)*
*'MySpace' (http://myspace.com/myspace_joespace)*
*'deviantART' (http://thecrazyjoe.deviantart.com/)*
Old December 20th 08, 08:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ducttape

NOt from today but from a few days ago and from yesterday. It had been
snowin a bit and my mom wouldn't let me coker to school the first few
days and I had gotten on the bus to go home and a large man sat down
next to me and asked if I was missing anything... like a unicycle I told
him that I was and that if I had it I'd be almost home by now but my mom
wouldn't let me ride that day and he said he had been talking to a lady
at the bus stop and said "it feels like we're missing something" and she
had replied "yeah that crazy kid on the unicycle." and a few days ago he
won a bet with the same lady who said "it's too cold out today I bet you
that kid doesn't ride by this morning" and sure enough I rode by... he
won $5. Then Yesterday I was cokering home in snow and ice with my slick
TA tire and a cop drove up the road I thought I was going to get scolded
for not having a helmet but he turned on his megaphone on his car and
said "that takes talent." it took a bit for that to register and for me
to figure out what he said and a few seconds later he drove up next to
me and turned on his megaphone repeating the comment over his megaphone
and giving me a thumbs up before continuing on his way.

--
Ducttape

'-*buy my shirts*-'
(www.zazzle.com/ducttapesunicycle*)
'*watch my videos*'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ducttapesunicycle)
'*uniman comics*'
'*original thread for uniman*'
*'sigged quotes' (http://tinyurl.com/29b744)*
Old December 20th 08, 09:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
critter

Ducttape;1153668 wrote:
cop drove up the road I thought I was going to get scolded for not
having a helmet but he turned on his megaphone on his car and said "that
takes talent." it took a bit for that to register and for me to figure
out what he said and a few seconds later he drove up next to me and
turned on his megaphone repeating the comment over his megaphone and
giving me a thumbs up before continuing on his way.

Nice cop

Just starting my ride at the botanical garden, when I see a mt biker
ahead of me. I said to myself, ''If I catch him; it will be on the 1st
hill''. (I'm thinking he would poop out and start walking it.) He made
it, but not fast. I caught him on the 3rd hill. I said," You can't let a
unicycle beat you''.
he said,''that's insulting''
I said, '' you got me on the down hill''
he said,''yeah but you will catch me''
I never saw him again after the 4th hill as he took off ahead of me. He
slipped off the trail somewhere because you come back the same way and I
went all the way to the end.

--
critter

MUni! The closest I'll ever get to bull riding!
Old December 21st 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TimeTraveler

I also ride a recumbent bicycle, a lounge chair with two wheels. We get
the same kind of WTF reactions when we go by. My wife loves riding
behind me and seeing all the reactions I get.

David

--
TimeTraveler
Old December 21st 08, 11:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danny Colyer

TimeTraveler;1154478 wrote:
I also ride a recumbent bicycle, a lounge chair with two wheels. We get
the same kind of WTF reactions when we go by. My wife loves riding
behind me and seeing all the reactions I get.

My daughter likes following me even more.

I've noticed quite a bit over the last few years that a recumbent
towing a trailer or trailerbike gets more comments than a unicycle (and
invariably positive).

|Filename: z0802101405ajennydaddy.jpg |

Danny Colyer

'http://www.redpedals.co.uk' (http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/)
"I don't think proofreading is adequate. All posts should be waxed and
buffed. Then they should wear little tuxedos." - Greg Harper on usenet
Old December 22nd 08, 02:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
TimeTraveler

My Son's about to outgrow the Piccolo. The most common comment then is
"He's not pedaling!"

--
TimeTraveler