Another reason for wearing helmets

Old February 1st 18, 06:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

Default Another reason for wearing helmets

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/201...tralia-ots.hln
Old February 2nd 18, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 21:45:31 -0800 (PST), Andy
wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/201...tralia-ots.hln

The Kangaroo and the bicycle collide. The Cyclist falls down while the
'roo runs off. The cyclist is wearing a helmet while the 'roo is bare
headed.

If helmets actually provide protection why didn't the kangaroo fall
down like the cyclist?
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 2nd 18, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andy

wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/201...tralia-ots.hln

The Kangaroo and the bicycle collide. The Cyclist falls down while the
'roo runs off. The cyclist is wearing a helmet while the 'roo is bare
headed.

If helmets actually provide protection why didn't the kangaroo fall
down like the cyclist?
--
Cheers,

John B.

The roo is much stronger and wasn't riding a bike. :-)

Andy
Old February 3rd 18, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/201...tralia-ots.hln

The Kangaroo and the bicycle collide. The Cyclist falls down while the
'roo runs off. The cyclist is wearing a helmet while the 'roo is bare
headed.

If helmets actually provide protection why didn't the kangaroo fall
down like the cyclist?
--
Cheers,

John B.

The roo is much stronger and wasn't riding a bike. :-)

Andy

Ah, I had forgotten that an individual not mounted on a bicycle has
no need of a safety helmet.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old February 3rd 18, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 2/2/2018 7:44 PM, John B. wrote:

Ah, I had forgotten that an individual not mounted on a bicycle has
no need of a safety helmet.

As we recently saw, it's not just a bicycle that triggers the need for
styrofoam. It's anything with pedals. Even a multi-hundred pound rail
car that's far more stable than a kitchen chair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x6FgHnnzQU

Or a low recumbent tricycle: http://www.terratrike.com/

I guess it must be the pedals that somehow impose tremendous risk of TBI.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old February 3rd 18, 11:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 23:05:07 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 2/2/2018 7:44 PM, John B. wrote:

Ah, I had forgotten that an individual not mounted on a bicycle has
no need of a safety helmet.

As we recently saw, it's not just a bicycle that triggers the need for
styrofoam. It's anything with pedals. Even a multi-hundred pound rail
car that's far more stable than a kitchen chair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x6FgHnnzQU

Or a low recumbent tricycle: http://www.terratrike.com/

I guess it must be the pedals that somehow impose tremendous risk of TBI.

Good Lord! I'll have to talk to someone at the hospital. They've got
people being wheeled around in chairs and other's being pushed around
on wheeled tables and not a safety helmet in sight.
--
Cheers,

John B.