Musical Bears (OT and not)

Old April 18th 05, 08:30 PM
Danny Colyer

Default Musical Bears (OT and not)

First the on-topic bit, which has very little to do with the header. I
just found a website about cycling board games. Wouldn't mind trying a
few of these:
URL:http://cyclingboardgames.tripod.com/cbgtext.htm

Now the off-topic bit. I discovered this site while I was trying (in
vain) to find the rules for a game that I've just bought in a charity
shop. Has anyone here played a game called Musical Bears? It has a
picnic table with 3 jellies that light up while the music plays. There
are 9 chairs, 4 cakes and 4 bears. I thought it looked ideal for my
3yo, and I thought I'd have no trouble finding the rules on www.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything about it at all.

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/
Old April 19th 05, 08:56 AM
Peter Clinch

Danny Colyer wrote:
First the on-topic bit, which has very little to do with the header. I
just found a website about cycling board games. Wouldn't mind trying a
few of these:
URL:http://cyclingboardgames.tripod.com/cbgtext.htm

Um Reifenbrite won the very prestigious Spiel de Jahres in the early 90s
and is still available, made by Jumbo (a Dutch firm), though "by
available" I mean in Continental Europe, primarily Germany. I picked up
a copy on eBay recently, but haven't played it yet. There are rules
translations available at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/442

Now the off-topic bit. I discovered this site while I was trying (in
vain) to find the rules for a game that I've just bought in a charity
shop. Has anyone here played a game called Musical Bears?

'Fraid not. someone at rec.games.board /might/ know.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old April 19th 05, 09:48 AM
Roos Eisma

Peter Clinch writes:

Now the off-topic bit. I discovered this site while I was trying (in
vain) to find the rules for a game that I've just bought in a charity
shop. Has anyone here played a game called Musical Bears?

'Fraid not. someone at rec.games.board /might/ know.

I'm wondering if it actually /is/ a game or just a toy?
Does it mention a manufacturer somewhere? If it's Hasbro there are a lot
of manuals he
http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.game_a...dn/default.cfm

Roos
Old April 19th 05, 09:53 AM
audrey

On 19 Apr 2005 08:48:48 GMT, Roos Eisma wrote:

I'm wondering if it actually /is/ a game or just a toy?
Does it mention a manufacturer somewhere? If it's Hasbro there are a lot
of manuals he
http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.game_a...dn/default.cfm

snap! I was just going to post that link in case it was some help - I
found it while looking for instructions for our 'new'-from-ebay
Pokeball.

Old April 19th 05, 09:26 PM
Danny Colyer

Roos Eisma wrote:
I'm wondering if it actually /is/ a game or just a toy?
Does it mention a manufacturer somewhere? If it's Hasbro there are a lot
of manuals he
http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.game_a...dn/default.cfm

Thanks, unfortunately it's not Hasbro.

It's definitely a game. It was made by J.W.Spear & Son (the box shows a
copyright notice of 1994). I haven't been able to find a Spear's
website. I've found loads of Scrabble sites, but none of them links to
a Spear's site. I also found that Spear's is a subsidiary of Mattel,
but I could find nothing useful on the Mattel site.

Perhaps I'll try rec.games.board, as Pete suggested (I'll follow it for
a bit first, I don't believe in posting without being familiar with the
ng). It looks friendly.

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/