Who can believe in colonizing space but a Christian?

Old March 30th 11, 08:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
RicodJour

Default Who can believe in colonizing space but a Christian?

On Mar 30, 9:15*am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher" wrote:

Isn't the idea LUNATIC? It looks so from my Beach Cruiser...

The only long term hope for our...errr...my species, is getting off
planet. Thinking otherwise is simply being short-sighted.

BTW, I'll bet you that within our lifetimes the word lunatic will
undergo a complete reversal in meaning. Just so's ya know, I plan on
living a long time. Bet accordingly.

Old March 31st 11, 12:04 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Philosopher" wrote:

Isn't the idea LUNATIC? It looks so from my Beach Cruiser...

The only long term hope for our...errr...my species, is getting off
planet. *Thinking otherwise is simply being short-sighted.

BTW, I'll bet you that within our lifetimes the word lunatic will
undergo a complete reversal in meaning. *Just so's ya know, I plan on
living a long time. *Bet accordingly.

Sorry, the idea was found to be lunatic:

On Mar 30, 3:57 pm, dr_jeff wrote:
Actually, there are people of other religions who would like to colonize
space. For example, there are Indian and Israeli astronauts (one was
killed with the Columbia disaster) and Russian Cosmonauts. Not all the
people who are on the International Space Station are Christian.

In addition, not all believe in God. And many people who want to
colonize space are not believers in God at all.

Colonizing space is not the same as the shuttle program. Colonization
means permanent bases in the Moon or elsewhere.

But don't worry, Bush was bull****ting...

"NASA budget for 2011 eliminates funds for manned lunar missions"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...print/asection

Obama must have found the mission lunatic.
Old March 31st 11, 09:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
RicodJour

On Mar 30, 3:57 pm, dr_jeff wrote:

Actually, there are people of other religions who would like to colonize
space. For example, there are Indian and Israeli astronauts (one was
killed with the Columbia disaster) and Russian Cosmonauts. Not all the
people who are on the International Space Station are Christian.

In addition, not all believe in God. And many people who want to
colonize space are not believers in God at all.

Colonizing space is not the same as the shuttle program. Colonization
means permanent bases in the Moon or elsewhere.

But don't worry, Bush was bull****ting...

"NASA budget for 2011 eliminates funds for manned lunar missions"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...10/01/31/AR201...

Obama must have found the mission lunatic.

I bow to your mastery of the self-marginalizing post. A truly
innovative way of promoting something to insure nothing happens.
Kudos!

Old April 1st 11, 02:03 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Mar 30, 3:57 pm, dr_jeff wrote:

[...]

Don't worry, I'll make science and reason prevail. The Christians are
the main obstacle to progress:

On Mar 31, 7:37 pm, Zonker Bill wrote:
Christians don't believe in science, so how can they believe in
rockets and space? They think that the planets are all attached to
giant crystal spheres, just out of reach of a tall man on the highest
mountain.

That's true, but they do believe in whatever a Republican president
tells them.

Did Bush say if we would explore the whole Universe or just a couple
of planets?
Old April 1st 11, 02:18 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

On Mar 30, 3:57 pm, dr_jeff wrote:

[...]

To be politically correct, the problem is not the Christians that ride
bikes, but that most of the Christians are older folks or couch
potatoes that don't vote about progressive issues. They mostly care
about keeping homosexuals, prostitutes and drug addicts in the closet.

If they hear that I propose Dutch liberal democracy, they'll freak out.
Old April 1st 11, 09:32 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

On 3/31/2011 8:03 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher wrote:
[...]
Did Bush say if we would explore the whole Universe or just a couple
of planets?

Just the planets that might have oil.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old April 1st 11, 09:34 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

On 3/31/2011 3:46 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Mar 30, 7:04 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
wrote:
[...]
But don't worry, Bush was bull****ting...

"NASA budget for 2011 eliminates funds for manned lunar missions"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...10/01/31/AR201...

Obama must have found the mission lunatic.

I bow to your mastery of the self-marginalizing post. A truly
innovative way of promoting something to insure nothing happens.
Kudos!

By linguistic definition, anyone who travels to the moon (aka Luna) is a
Lunatic.

Old April 1st 11, 02:13 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

On Apr 1, 4:32*am, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 3/31/2011 8:03 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach CruiserPhilosopher wrote:

* [...]

Did Bush say if we would explore the whole Universe or just a couple
of planets?

Just the planets that might have oil.

True. Never mind the fact that you need life to have oil and that
transportation --particularly large oil tankers-- may have a problem
navigating in space.

As you watch the clip above, Bush announces the "exploration of the
solar system," so the Moon is only the first step. Some "experts" lead
you to believe that you can find "valuable resources," but THEY NEVER
TELL YOU HOW TO SHIP IT BACK. A British accent makes sound serious.

Old April 1st 11, 04:42 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
RicodJour

On Apr 1, 9:13*am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher" wrote:

Some "experts" lead
you to believe that you can find "valuable resources," but THEY NEVER
TELL YOU HOW TO SHIP IT BACK.

You've never fallen off your "bike" and gone boom? The "thing" that
makes "you" fall down and not up is called 'gravity'. That's what
they'd use to for the "return trip". I believe it's free, "but" I'm
not sure.

Old April 1st 11, 04:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
RicodJour

On Apr 1, 4:34*am, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 3/31/2011 3:46 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Mar 30, 7:04 pm, "HisHighAsAKiteNess the TibetanMonkey

Obama must have found the mission lunatic.

I bow to your mastery of the self-marginalizing post. *A truly
innovative way of promoting something to insure nothing happens.
Kudos!

By linguistic definition, anyone who travels to the moon (aka Luna) is a
Lunatic.

Only if the Moon rubs off on them.

-tic ~= -ic
used as an adjective-forming suffix with the particular senses “having
some characteristics of”