Bent 'bent update

Old July 19th 03, 01:58 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Bent 'bent update

I've been to see Darth Ian this morning, he was his usual cheerful self and
fed me good coffee and Danish Pastries, as well as letting me play with his
Optima Baron (warning: your marriage and/or bank balance may be at risk if
you test ride this bike).

Ian called the Optima factory and found that lead time on a non-stock
coloured frame was 8 weeks, but they could ship an entire frame and rear
forks in a stock colour next week, at no charge, so that's what we'll be
doing. Blue is the colour: now I'll need a new name for the erstwhile
Flying Banana.

The main tube has been modified, as has the Baron following a similar
incident suffered by a Baron owner last year I believe, and there is now a
reinforcing fillet welded into the curved section where the headset fits. A
slot is machined in the tube, the plate inserted, and welded top and bottom.
We will have to see whether this is sufficient to cure the problem. Ian
took some pictures which he's threatened to email me, so hopefully I can
show you all the damage at some point.

I'll have to ride the mountain bike on Monday and leave work early enough to
get to the bike shop for a new BB unit for the tourer. Oh, and Mum's Yaris
Verso got 45mph from St Albans to Forest Row and back, which I thought quite
impressive. Winker of the day: everybody on the M25 between the A3 and the
M40, self included.

Guy

Old July 19th 03, 03:09 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Blue is the colour: now I'll need a new name for the erstwhile
Flying Banana.

If you have the Airzound attached, how about the Blue Banshee?

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$ **o$l.c$$*o$*m*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
Old July 19th 03, 07:36 PM
Garry Broad

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:58:42 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

[...]

I'd be interested to see that.

Sounds like great service from the shop too.

You'll be back!

gb