Rear light bracket

Old December 8th 04, 12:43 AM
Steph Peters

Default Rear light bracket

Some toerags nicked my seat post and saddle on Thursday. They aren't hard
to replace, but the light bracket is. The light was in my pocket so I still
have it, one of the rear lights in this set:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360014730
Anyone know where I can get just a bracket for this? It's quite a good rear
light - does left to right flashing but without an off phase, and in a be
seen sense is decently bright. I'm not willing to cough up for the entire
thing again as it only seems to come in the set, of which the front light is
rubbish.
--
May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Old December 8th 04, 01:50 AM
half_pint

"Steph Peters" wrote in message
Some toerags nicked my seat post and saddle on Thursday. They aren't

hard
to replace, but the light bracket is. The light was in my pocket so I

still
have it, one of the rear lights in this set:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360014730
Anyone know where I can get just a bracket for this? It's quite a good

rear
light - does left to right flashing but without an off phase, and in a be
seen sense is decently bright. I'm not willing to cough up for the entire
thing again as it only seems to come in the set, of which the front light

is
rubbish.

LED lights are pretty cheap, mine cost me about £2 and has 5 different
flashing sequences.
I asume you payed the money for the halogan front light (bet that uses
some batteries!!).

Flashing LED lights are excellent for being seen, better than 'proper'
rear light (battery waster). Our eyes/brain notice a moving/flashing
object far more than a stationary one.

You can do an experiment and spead your arms untill they are in your
peripheral vision, you wont notice your fingers untill you wiggle them.

Old December 8th 04, 02:04 AM
Jon Senior

Steph Peters lid opined the
following...
Some toerags nicked my seat post and saddle on Thursday. They aren't hard
to replace, but the light bracket is. The light was in my pocket so I still
have it, one of the rear lights in this set:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360014730
Anyone know where I can get just a bracket for this? It's quite a good rear
light - does left to right flashing but without an off phase, and in a be
seen sense is decently bright. I'm not willing to cough up for the entire
thing again as it only seems to come in the set, of which the front light is
rubbish.

I don't know of a source for the brackets, but if you have no luck, get
in touch as I have built an aluminium bracket for one of these that
mounts onto my rack and could be easily persuaded to make another one.

Making it seatpost mounting should be possible without too much grief
although it wont look as pretty as the old one.

And they get a "me too" from me. I think they're great. My only
complaint is that they use AAAs which are harder for me to source (We
have an enormous cardboard box at work full of AAs which have been used
by various amounts and are free to a good home!).

Jon
Old December 8th 04, 07:58 AM
David Wood

I also lost my seat post / saddle-
Get one of those Kryptonite sets to secure the seat post/wheels and you
won't lose it again. I also put a large jubilee clip to secure the saddle to
the seat post.

Old December 8th 04, 11:18 AM
Tim Hall

nicked bits inc. light bracket
I might have one in the bits box. I shall investigate tonight.

Tim

Old December 8th 04, 11:37 AM
Dave Larrington

Steph Peters wrote:
Some toerags nicked my seat post and saddle on Thursday. They aren't
hard to replace, but the light bracket is. The light was in my
pocket so I still have it, one of the rear lights in this set:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360014730
Anyone know where I can get just a bracket for this? It's quite a
good rear light - does left to right flashing but without an off
phase, and in a be seen sense is decently bright. I'm not willing to
cough up for the entire thing again as it only seems to come in the
set, of which the front light is rubbish.

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, is the seat post bracket
anything like this:

World Domination?
Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then chain to the
floor and walk up and down on it in high heels. (Mr. Sunshine)

Old December 8th 04, 12:45 PM
Clive George

"Dave Larrington" wrote in message
Steph Peters wrote:
Some toerags nicked my seat post and saddle on Thursday. They aren't
hard to replace, but the light bracket is. The light was in my
pocket so I still have it, one of the rear lights in this set:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360014730
Anyone know where I can get just a bracket for this? It's quite a
good rear light - does left to right flashing but without an off
phase, and in a be seen sense is decently bright. I'm not willing to
cough up for the entire thing again as it only seems to come in the
set, of which the front light is rubbish.

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, is the seat post bracket
anything like this:

Dave gets caught by wiggle not changing the url (have a look at what you
wrote!)

Did you mean

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360011544 ?

cheers,
clive

Old December 8th 04, 12:49 PM
Dave Larrington

Steph Peters wrote:
Some toerags nicked my seat post and saddle on Thursday. They
aren't hard to replace, but the light bracket is. The light was in
my pocket so I still have it, one of the rear lights in this set:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360014730
Anyone know where I can get just a bracket for this? It's quite a
good rear light - does left to right flashing but without an off
phase, and in a be seen sense is decently bright. I'm not willing
to cough up for the entire thing again as it only seems to come in
the set, of which the front light is rubbish.

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, is the seat post bracket
anything like this:

Dave gets caught by wiggle not changing the url (have a look at what
you wrote!)

Did you mean

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360011544 ?

Indeed I did. Blame it on an abnormal fluid intake last night. Bah!

Old December 8th 04, 01:15 PM
Mark McN

Response to Steph Peters:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360014730
Anyone know where I can get just a bracket for this? It's quite a good rear
light - does left to right flashing but without an off phase, and in a be
seen sense is decently bright. I'm not willing to cough up for the entire
thing again as it only seems to come in the set, of which the front light is
rubbish.

I had that set, and the rear light is still gracing the back of the
trike. (The front light went to the great gig in the sky unmourned.)

The bracket looks a bit like this:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360011544

so it might be the one.

--
Mark, UK.
We hope to hear him swear, we love to hear him squeak,
Old December 8th 04, 03:37 PM
David Martin

half_pint wrote:
"Steph Peters" wrote in message

Some toerags nicked my seat post and saddle on Thursday. They aren't

hard

to replace, but the light bracket is. The light was in my pocket so I

still

have it, one of the rear lights in this set:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?ProductID=5360014730
Anyone know where I can get just a bracket for this? It's quite a good

Try the CTC shop. They have lots of odd brackets.

LED lights are pretty cheap, mine cost me about £2 and has 5 different
flashing sequences.
I asume you payed the money for the halogan front light (bet that uses
some batteries!!).

Flashing LED lights are excellent for being seen, better than 'proper'
rear light (battery waster). Our eyes/brain notice a moving/flashing
object far more than a stationary one.

You have to be a bit careful with just having a flashing light. Yes it
is more noticeable at first but it is *much* harder to place accurately,
especially if there are no other visual cues. Drivers tend not to react
until they have fully processed the signal (notice and locate) so can
approach flashers much faster than otherwise.

best thing is to have two lights, one steady and one flashing.

...d