Any Sense In Following the Tour de France Any More?

Old November 4th 12, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Default Any Sense In Following the Tour de France Any More?

Davey wrote:
Fred Flintstein a écrit profondement:
| No, it's all OK. LANCE is gone now, they're all riding clean.

If I were to do some crystal ball gazing, I'd be willing to bet
that the pair of miscreants who really introduced the
supercharging programme to that bunch were Slava and Johan.

Johan could be about to induce serious quantities of **** to hit a very large turbine. Christmas could be interesting, watch this space as they say.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...mstrong_263566

--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk
Old November 4th 12, 11:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 11/4/2012 2:51 PM, atriage wrote:

Davey wrote:
Fred Flintstein a écrit profondement:
| No, it's all OK. LANCE is gone now, they're all riding clean.

If I were to do some crystal ball gazing, I'd be willing to bet
that the pair of miscreants who really introduced the
supercharging programme to that bunch were Slava and Johan.

Johan could be about to induce serious quantities of **** to hit a very
large turbine. Christmas could be interesting, watch this space as they
say.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...mstrong_263566

--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk

The author of that article uses terms and concepts from criminal
law that don't apply here. USADA are not cops, and doping for a
bike race is not a criminal offense in the US. WTF!

Old November 5th 12, 02:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...g-armstrong_26

The author of that article uses terms and concepts from criminal
law that don't apply here. USADA are not cops, and doping for a
bike race is not a criminal offense in the US. WTF!

It seems that in an arbitration hearing USADA can compel testimony under oath at which point because his testimony would refer to someone else LA cannot plead the 5th

Old November 5th 12, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

The point seems to be that USADA can compel testimony under oath at an arbitration hearing, which would put LA in deep **** if it happens.

Old November 5th 12, 02:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

Davey wrote:
Fred Flintstein a écrit profondement:
| No, it's all OK. LANCE is gone now, they're all riding clean.

If I were to do some crystal ball gazing, I'd be willing to bet
that the pair of miscreants who really introduced the
supercharging programme to that bunch were Slava and Johan.

Johan could be about to induce serious quantities of **** to hit a very
large turbine. Christmas could be interesting, watch this space as they
say.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...mstrong_263566

The author of that article uses terms and concepts from criminal
law that don't apply here. USADA are not cops, and doping for a
bike race is not a criminal offense in the US. WTF!

The point seems to be that USADA can compel testimony under oath at an
arbitration hearing, which would put LA in deep **** if it happens.

--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk

USADA does not have authority to compel anything. They're not
cops. I know no one thinks that matters, but it really does
matter.

If LANCE tells USADA to stick it, can they have him arrested
and forced to appear and testify? I think the answer to that
is... **** no!

Old November 5th 12, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Davey wrote:
Fred Flintstein a écrit profondement:
| No, it's all OK. LANCE is gone now, they're all riding clean.

If I were to do some crystal ball gazing, I'd be willing to bet
that the pair of miscreants who really introduced the
supercharging programme to that bunch were Slava and Johan.

Johan could be about to induce serious quantities of **** to hit a very
large turbine. Christmas could be interesting, watch this space as they
say.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...mstrong_263566

The author of that article uses terms and concepts from criminal
law that don't apply here. USADA are not cops, and doping for a
bike race is not a criminal offense in the US. WTF!

The point seems to be that USADA can compel testimony under oath at an
arbitration hearing, which would put LA in deep **** if it happens.

--
Android Usenet Reader
http://android.newsgroupstats.hk

USADA does not have authority to compel anything. They're not
cops. I know no one thinks that matters, but it really does
matter.
If LANCE tells USADA to stick it, can they have him arrested
and forced to appear and testify? I think the answer to that
is... **** no!

I see what you're saying but it's complicated. Johan is taking USADA to arbitration which means that him and USADA rock up before the American Arbitration Association who can call witnesses who will testify under oath. Telling lies under oath buys you jail time in the USA regardless of who you were lying to.
Also there seems to be case to be made for assigning Federal status to USADA action (see link). Of course of if I really knew much about this stuff I'd be sitting in a plush office somewhere in California charging $1000/hour for my services instead of looking out of the window in rainy England wondering when I'm next gonna be able to go for a ride.
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.c...act_id=1150863
Old November 7th 12, 06:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
dardruba[_2_]

What with the rampant doping and the so called winner of 7 tours
getting stripped of those wins, I and some others are wondering if
there is any sense in even bothering to follow the Tour de France any
more.

After this years event how can you possibly doubt its validity.

Now you won't ever know who actually wins a Tour de France
since they can be stripped of that win retroactively a great many
years later.

It took a long time to catch these cheats, but its paid off.

Will this Armstrong, UCI, WADA, USADA scandal spell the end of the
Tour de France as we know/knew it?

That scandal was all about American attitudes and they proved that money
talks.
This Tour and all the others have been so well run and observed this
year, long may it continue.
Cheats were caught and the guilty were seen to be reprimanded and were
publicly shamed.
That bodes well for our future.

Will teams even be able to get sponser any more?

Of course. Just look at the way riders have been changing teams.

Will riders still want to ride The Tour knowing
that they can lose to a clever doping scheme and be deprived of their
proper place finish?

First over the line wins.
But its not just about doping. Anyone found 'Doing an Armstrong' in
future will be taken to that famous French island and lockedup, chained
to the wall and fed on gruel for as long as he survives.

If not The Tour what Grand Tour if any are worth watching now?

All. Providing the surveillance and policing of this years events
continues to improve worldwide.